Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Sneak Peek at Tulsa: part 1

First off, is anyone else having trouble with blogger uploading images? It's happened to me several times over the past few days.... I'm kind of tired of trying! On a brighter note, Gretchen and I were able to travel to our new city of Tulsa last week! G had a great time visiting, exploring, and spending time with DJ! The warmer weather was definitely a positive as well! Several times, we went up to 'new football' to visit DJ at work.... I think that G is starting to realize that there will no longer be Ball State, and that Charlie Cardinal will no longer be at our games. We're trying to teach her to say, "Go Hurricane!" rather than "Go Ball Bate!".... she's getting there, or maybe not, as she's deciding to say, "Go Cheerleaders!" instead.
I think G is also going to enjoy our new 'swimming pool' of a bathtub! She was afraid of the jets at first, but once she realized we could make a lot of bubbles with them, she had tons of fun!
It's a great thing that Gee and great-grandma live so close! They, along with grandpa, were able to come up and visit us for the day! We at G's favorite restraunt, Olive Garden, for lunch, did some shopping, visited daddy at work, and finished off the evening eating BBQ- yum!
The Bass Pro Shop is also near our house.... which is great for when grandpa comes to visit- he'll have something to do while the women go shopping! But, it's also not so great, because I have a feeling a boat will be in our near future if DJ can find a great deal! But, Gretchen enjoyed visiting the large fish tanks!
We officially move there in the middle of June, and cannot wait! I think we're going to have a wonderful start there, and hopefully be there for a long time to come!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you get settled in Tulsa! Colin and I would love to meet you at our favorite restaurant!!! Cheesecake Factory!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete