Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Girl Mom: Date Your Daughter

As a mom to three girls, it's so hard to find time to spend with each of my daughters separately. I get to date my husband, but how often do I really date my daughters?

I really do try to spend as much time as possible with each of them, and today, I'd thought I'd share a few ideas of how you can date your daughter and squeeze in some extra special time with each of them! 

Dating your daughter is all about being a Girl Mom!
One of our favorite Friday night activities is pizza night! I let the girls make their own mini pizza, and then we settle in front of the t.v. and watch a movie. 

It's one of our favorite traditions!

I love taking the girls for ice cream! I'm pretty sure it's our most favorite date that we go on! Whether it's after a doctor appointment, after school, or on a road trip! We love ice cream!

If you go to Chick-Fil-A, you can trade in the toy in the kids meal for a kids ice cream! In the summer time, we love lunches at CFA (chicken-fil-a as the girls call it!), playing on their playground, and then enjoying some ice cream!

We also love getting snow-cones in the summer!
I know that as mom's we love our escape time! Whether it's a trip to the grocery store or Target, try to take just one of your kids with you! It's really hard taking all three of my girls, but when I can take just one of them, they get some extra special one on one time!
 
Gretchen loves to sit in the front of the buggy when it's just the two of us! If we have to go with her little sisters, she always has to walk, so even though she is entirely too big, she likes the extra special buggy seat.
Go on walks together! Walk and talk about their day, the highs and lows and all of the fun they had! Talk about the hard times too and how you can help your child through them! I think one of themes important things about spending time together is talking and discussing and really listening with no interruptions. 
Head to a tattoo parlor! Ha- I'm just kidding, but it's fun to put fake ones on just for giggles!
Take your kids out to eat- just the two of you! In Little Rock, there's a super fun restaurant called "All Aboard". You order the food, and then it arrives to your table by a little train car. Spending time at these fun little kitchy kid places, make childhood grand!
Pick flowers!
Take a parent-child class together! Last spring, we ended up putting the girls in soccer. While Gretchen took her class, Megan and I (or DJ) did the parent/child class together!
Head to an indoor trampoline park!
Head out on a bike ride!
Do arts & crafts together!
Bake! (And lick the beater, because that's the best part!)
Spend some time building blocks..... date nights don't have to be all fancy, just choose something your child wants to do and be all in. 
One of our favorite date nights (for all my girls) is heading out to eat after dance! DJ works late on dance nights (during football season), so when we can, I just take the girls out to eat! It gives us a chance to talk about their day and for the girls to bond together.

I asked lots of ladies in my HPA group to share their favorite activities to do with their own girls and here are a few of the things they shared!
  1. Read together
  2. Cooking/Baking 
  3. Nursing
  4. Cleaning
  5. Mani/Pedis
  6. Going to Starbucks then walking around the mall! (I'm pretty sure some shopping may be involved!)
  7. Getting dressed together! (What a fun opportunity us moms have to play dress up with our daughter's every day; showing them what make up is, letting them play in our make up, fixing their hair, having them watch us fix our hair.... I know we want them to stay little, but it's so much fun playing dress up together!)
  8. Sewing
  9. Dream about what she wants to be when she grows up, and then find an activity that incorporates her dream!
  10. Put puzzles together!
A lot of "dates" don't have to be expensive or fancy! Here are a few more ideas for you:
  • Head to the park and have a picnic.
  • Have a spa day- either at home or a spa! My girls love when I paint their nails!
  • Visit a pottery painting store
  • Graden and plant flowers together in the spring.
  • See a play or ballet.
  • Head to the movies. 
  • Study the Bible together
  • Mini golf
I'd love to hear some of your ideas for dating your daughter! Leave me a comment below and share your ideas!

I gave away a $5.00 gift certificate to HPA for a group member to comment with their idea..... Congrats to Cheryl A for winning the $5.00 gift certificate to Honey Pie Accessories! Shoot me a message to claim!

And, that's not all- i'll choose one commenter to win a gift certificate too! (Winner will be announced in Wednesday's post!)


Follow me everyday:

2 comments: