Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Ramblings!

This weekend went by entirely too fast! Does anyone agree? Our weather was sunny and in the 70s and I'm now longing for spring days! 

Our weekend didn't start off the best:
Thursday night, Gretchen ended up in the ER, thanks to an allergic reaction that had been recurring throughout the week. 

I have no idea what could have caused it. 

Monday and Tuesday, I noticed little helps on her sides. I honestly thought it was dry skin, because I use to think she had eczema. I figured it was happening again. Tuesday afternoon, she still had welps and on Wednesday her lip swelled within 20 minutes of school ending, and me picking up the littles from preschool. I gave her benedryl that night and the next day she was better. Thursday evening, we put her to bed, and within 30 minutes she came down stairs with a swollen lip again. This time it was inside her mouth and she was beginning to get welps on her face. We gave her benedryl and called my mom. We could do one of two things: one, send her to bed and hope it went away, or two: head to the ER. We didn't want her reaction to get worse, and risk her stop breathing in the middle of the night. 
At 9:15 we checked in to the ER. They were incredibly fast and got us right back to a room. They checked out her vitals, and gave her a dose of steroids, and continued to monitor her for a bit longer.
By 10:15, we were headed home. I was very impressed with how fast we were in and out. They don't play around with allergies. And this was our first experience with an allergic reaction in any of the girls. Once, we got home, Gretchen decided to sleep in my bed, and the next day, she was fine.
I received this picture from my Matilda Jane trunk keeper, Traci. I made hair bows to match the new Hello Lovely collection and she graciously offered to take them to one of her parties. I love the little wire manequin they're displayed on! I think I need to get one for the girls bathroom!
Saturday was spent cleaning, and doing laundry, and working on HPA orders. 
We also worked on Valentine's for the girls to take to school.

I found printable for free on pinterest. I just searched "free bubbles Valentine printable" and tons of things came up! I just printed these on paper (you could use cardstock), cut them out, added Adalyn's name, and taped them to bubbles I picked up at the dollar store.
I did the same thing for Megan's Valentines. I purchased glow sticks from the $1.00 store- I think there were 8 in a tube, so I only needed 2 tubes, found these printable free on pinterest, cut out the hearts, wrote her name, and used washi tape to tape the glow sticks to the back. 
Saturday night, I stayed up late to work on more orders! I finished two swimsuits and I started the girls shirts for our Disney trip in March. 
Sunday was a Matilda Jane day. Since it was so warm outside, Gretchen wore her blue pearl with a little sweater.
And I dolled Adalyn up in the barnyard knot dress. I have been drooling over this dress for months, and I finally grabbed it from the MJ Addicts board when someone finally had it reasonably priced! It's a size 2, so it's a little big on Addy, which is great because she'll get at least 1 1/2 -2 years out of it!
After church, we headed to Chili's for lunch.

We got home and DJ took Gretchen to urgent care for a swelling spot on her foot that we were worried about, which thankfully, turned out to be nothing.

(Gretchen is having surgery on her back on Wednesday. She has a fatty cyst that needs to be removed, so as we are being snowballed with the allergy reaction and then her foot, we have to make sure these things are nothing to worry about so the surgery won't be cancelled.)

I stayed home with the littles, and put Adalyn down for her nap. Meggie asked to change in to a skirt, which NEVER happens, so I had to document the occasion!
She called her skirt her Doc McStuffins skirt, which, it's actually a Matilda Jane that we've had for over a year. Megan adamantly refuses to wear dresses unless it's to church or for pictures, so I was crazy excited that she picked out this skirt! If she want's to think it's a Doc skirt, then more power to her! 

Once we started on more laundry (it's never ending), we headed outside and played with neighbors the entire afternoon! Seriously, we were out from 2-6! We have the best neighbors, and all of the kids played and the grown ups sat outside and talked. 
Gretchen finally finished her Valentine's day box for school.

If you guys haven't heard, Target, has these white (or red) boxes with a hole already in the top for $3.00. Then, they sell these foam kits (Gretchen picked out a princess castle) but they had tons of others! I was super excited when we found this because it meant that I didn't have to get all crafty! For $6.00, she has a super cute Valentine's box!
Sunday evening, Gretchen cleaned her messy room. I took this photo as part of Andrea and Erika's photo challenge on Instagram. Sunday's challenge was #messy and this was perfect. Gretchen has a very hard time cleaning her room. Because her bedroom is actually the bonus room in our house, she has the majority of the toys in her room. She and Megan also play in her room all the time, so her room gets crazy messy. In order to help her clean, I give her math facts that she has to solve. Whatever the sum is, equals the amount of toys she has to clean. 90% of the time, this works very well. If I give her 4+5, then she has to clean up 9 toys. Once she cleans up 9 toys, I give her a new math fact. Because I was working on orders (my sewing space is also set up in her bedroom), I couldn't help her clean up, but we also take turn assigning each other a number of things to clean up. We each choose a number 1-10 (sometimes 1-20) and then tell that person how many toys to clean up. Sometimes she'll give me 9, and I'll give her 4, and then she gives me a number, and I go higher. I tend to alternate between high and low, so it's not so overwhelming for her, and she gets to take breaks while I clean up my assigned number. If these don't work, I give her "zones" to clean up.... she'll have to clean up her Barbie corner, or the space between her bed and dresser, or between her bed and the bookshelf. 

Cleaning her room is still challenging, but these are the things that help her the best! 

I hope you guys have a great Monday, it's going to be a long, busy one for us, so we best get to it! 

Follow me everyday:

No comments:

Post a Comment