Our weekend has been crazy long! We were out of school for president's day, and the girls were out of school Tuesday as well!
I think this may have been one of the longest weekends in history! Ha!
Friday, all of the girls had Valentine's parties at their schools, so we dressed them in their HPA shirts, and sent them off for some fun!
I made all of the girls different shirts with coordinating fabric.
Gretchen was ready for her 1st grade party! Especially, after missing 3 days of school last week! She couldn't wait to get back and see all of her friends.
DJ took the littles to daycare. Adalyn did not want to have her picture made again; she just wanted to snuggle with daddy!
I was able to stop by Gretchen's Valentine's day party for about 10 minutes before I had to head out to a district SLP meeting. They did a little Luv Bug craft at the beginning of her party.
She was so proud!
During my SLP meeting, I got a phone call that Megan had a temperature. I picked up the littles and then went back to school to pick up Gretchen. I called DJ and we decided that he would pick up pizza on his way home for our annual Valentine's dinner. We typically go out for pizza on Valentine's day, but since Megan was sick and Gretchen had been sick too, we decided we'd just stay home.
I got the girls home and they went through their candy and goodies.
DJ brought me pink roses, and he brought home pizza!
We always order "The Boz" from Hideaway- it has cheeses, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and bell pepper.
We let the big girls have a picnic in the living room, while the grown ups enjoyed their pizza in the dining room!
We spent the rest of the night watching the Goonies!
Saturday morning, Adalyn found her cake pops that she had made at daycare and wanted to eat one!
I spent the morning picking up around the house while DJ went to the grocery store, and that afternoon, I sewed.
I finished lots of your goodies
This Dr. Seuss shirt may be one of my favorites!
And, I love how this Rapunzel apron turned out!
Our Saturday was pretty routine- the girls played, DJ watched t.v., I worked.... and that evening DJ grilled steaks for dinner!
Unfortunately, Megan was pretty fussy most of Saturday, but her fever was lower, and Gretchen was feeling much better.
Sunday morning, I woke up to the big girls bringing me breakfast in bed. DJ had ran into the football office, so the big girls figured they needed to make me breakfast!
I got dry cereal, grapes, and water!
Once DJ got home, he kept all of the girls and I went to church. Sunday was my day to volunteer in the two year old classroom. We decided the girls didn't need to go since they had been under the weather all week!
Once I got home, I worked on another shirt, and that evening we went to our neighbors house for dinner.
It was jut a quick wagon ride away!
Megan was so tired when we got home that she didn't want to change out of her clothes! She even ASKED to go to bed! Later that evening though, she woke up and came to cuddle with DJ.
And, in the morning! Ha! She is NOT a morning person! Her hair was a ratty tangled mess!
We woke up to ice and 2 inches of snow Monday morning! We were out of school anyway for Presidents day, but I had planned to take the littles to daycare and have a fun day out with Gretchen. Instead, we all stayed home!
The girls were excited for a snow day!
Mid-morning, we baked cookies!
Addy was excited too!
They were anxiously waiting for the first batch to come out of the oven!
That afternoon, Megan fell asleep in the living room!
When naps were over, I brought the snow inside and the girls played.
I didn't want to take the girls outside since they had been sick, not to mention taking the 20+ minutes to bundle everyone up, just to come inside 5 minutes later.... isn't that the way it always goes?
I gave the girls bowls of snow, spoons, scoops, measuring cups, and their gloves.
They even ate some!
In fact, Adalyn only ate the snow! I guess giving her a spoon wasn't the best idea!
Gretchen made a tiny snowman!
The girls played until the snow melted, and I had to go back outside to get them some more!
They spent the rest of the evening playing on the couch, eating dinner, and jumping around the house like crazy little people!
We loved our long weekend! Hope y'all had a great one too!
Follow me everyday:

































Love the idea of bringing the snow inside!! We may have to try that today! ;)
ReplyDelete