Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend flew by! I probably say that every Monday, but honestly, I feel like I need one more day! We had snow yesterday in Tulsa, and I was really hoping we'd get enough to cancel school! I'm not caught up on laundry, Gretchen's room is a mess (again), and I need to get some more orders caught up. I really could use one more day!

Last week was a short school week since we had Monday off for President's day, and the girls were all out on Tuesday for a snow day. We had a rough week with being "off" for those days, so it will be good to reset and start this week off on a fresh start......
Gretchen had a 50s day last week at school. The PTA planned a sock hop and ice cream social Thursday evening, and the kids could dress up in 50s attire for school. I let Gretchen wear her poodle skirt, even though we weren't able to attend the sock hop.
Megan's teacher posted this picture on Facebook last Friday, and I had to screenshot it and share! Every Friday, her preschool goes to chapel, and last week they had their Ash Wednesday service. All of the kids went up to the alter to get a cross on their hands. I love, love, love that the girls get to attend a Christian preschool and learn about God and Jesus. 

Megan told me later that evening, that they put "nasty stuff" on her hand at chapel, and she wiped it off. I died laughing! Side note, but every evening we review a Bible verse with the girls, and Megan always says our verse is, "Chicken is the Lord." 

#cantmakeitup
Friday afternoon, Gretchen came down to my office and told me that she finally passed her 3, 4, and 5 Math a Minute!!! Her class does these 1 minute math tests every day, and once she passes, she moves on to the next higher number. After she passes, 3, then they do assessments on the 3 numbers. It has taken her weeks to pass this one!
We arrived home Friday to find a goody package from Nana in the mail! The girls were so excited! Nana lives were Albanese candy company is~ they are typically the ones that ship candy to candy stores nationwide!

After getting gummy bears, the girls played with Mr. Potato head and did yoga while I cooked dinner.



We were super excited when daddy walked in the door!
Adalyn is definitely the daddy's girl out of the three of them!
She was pretending to take her temperature. Apparently, we've all been a little too sick over the past few weeks!
Saturday morning, we found Meggie shaking her booty since she was excited for the weekend!
The girls had cinnamon toast for breakfast and Meggie had a little beard of cinnamon!

After breakfast, Gretchen and I headed out for some girl time.
I ended up getting my hair cut, and then we tried to shop for shoes for our Disney trip. It is so hard to find shoes for a 7 year old!!! 

We weren't successful, so we headed home and DJ took Gretchen to the TU women's basketball game. 

Once Adalyn woke up from her nap, I took Megan and Addy out looking for shoes again.
This past week Meggie told me that she wanted light up shoes and to wear them to daycare and show all of her friends. We were shoe shopping for Gretchen, but I let Megan look through and try on some light up shoes. 

She was in heaven!
Addy did some shoe shopping too!
We were unsuccessful yet again, so we loaded up and went to Target. Megan convinced me to get one of those jumbo buggies. Y'all, they're awful. I HATE them, but the girls think they're so much fun!
We got home and ordered pizza!
All of the girls were excited for pizza night!
So yummy!

After the girls went to bed, DJ and I watched a movie and ate popcorn that Nana had sent us!
I found the big girls watching you tube videos together on the couch when I got up Sunday morning. They were being so sweet!
Adalyn climbed in the bathtub and played while I got ready for church. 

It was my Sunday to volunteer in the 2 year old classroom, so DJ finished getting the girls ready and took them all to church. 
Afterwards, we all went out to eat. 

We came home and Addy went down for a nap, Gretchen and Megan watched The Goonies, and DJ ran to Best Buy. I worked on another shirt.

Once I was finished, I took a little nap and cuddled with Gretchen.
Somehow, she picked up a little tummy bug, and wasn't feeling too good. 

Once Adalyn woke up, I went and finished another shirt, and DJ fed the girls dinner. We picked up the house and reset for the week ahead. 
Megan and Adalyn played Ring-Around-the-Rosies while DJ and I put away laundry.
For real, the weekend was busy and just not long enough! 

I'm hoping this week will be productive!

Y'all have a great Monday!

And, before you go head HERE and enter my giveaway for a Stella & Dot bracelet!

No comments:

Post a Comment