We had the best little Christmas. Friday I ran some errands and Adalyn and I made puppy chow that we could snack on over the weekend.
She was a great little helper!
That evening, we decided to go out to eat and drive around and look at lights.
Afterwards, we ran to the grocery store and tucked the girls in as soon as we got home.
Then I went to work on our North Pole Breakfast.
Every Christmas Eve our elves set up a goodbye breakfast for the girls.
Our elves brought the girls a gingerbread house when they arrived this year, but the gingerbread house was broken. To make up for the broken house, the elves brought a new one.
Everything was set up, we just had to go to sleep and wait for the girls to wake up!
I found these little plates at Target, and used wrapping paper and scrap fabric for the tablecloth.
I also placed the girls "magic Christmas pillowcases" on their chairs. They're only allowed to use their pillowcases on Christmas Eve and the magic helps the girls fall asleep fast!
Christmas Eve morning the girls were so excited to see the breakfast that the elves had set up!
We had doughnuts and hot chocolate.
After breakfast, the girls decorated their gingerbread house.
It was warm enough for the girls to play outside, and DJ decided to string lights on their playset.
We had a quick dinner and then got ready for our Christmas Eve service at church.
Pictures at church were a failed attempt, so I tried again when we got home.
And then we went outside to sprinkle our reindeer food in the yard.
Afterwards, we came back in to set out milk and cookies for Santa.
The girls go their pj's on and we read The Night Before Christmas.
And then the girls gave the elves hugs and kisses.
We always let the girls touch their elves on Christmas Eve, since Santa picks them up and they don't need their magic anymore.
After saying goodbye to our elves, we tucked the girls in with their magic pillowcases.
After saying goodnight, I locked myself in my bedroom to wrap presents and then DJ and I set up the tree.
It was a busy day and a late night!
But we were so looking forward to Christmas......














No comments:
Post a Comment