Hey guys!!! So, if you missed out yesterday, I'm wrapping up our Miami Beach Bowl trip! You can find our day 1 post here.
Friday morning, DJ was up early because he had to set up for meetings. Since my mother-in-law came down, she stayed with the girls and I went on a run. It was so nice to be able to get out and run again in warm weather! I ran on the boardwalk behind our hotel, and just soaked up the fresh air, and it was fun to people watch!
As soon as I got back to our room, the girls were ready for the beach! I took a quick shower and then we were off for a beach day!
Some of our friends were at the beach too! All of the kids had fun playing and splashing around.
Even though the girls saw the ocean the night before, it was fun seeing them in the ocean for the first time during the day. However, my momma heart was afraid that they'd wade out too deep, and i'll be honest, I'm terrified of jelly fish and pretty much anything else in the ocean, so swimming wasn't anything I had the desire to do. Plus, the water was too cold for my liking.
The girls didn't care though!
We packed two life jackets and floaties for the girls to have just in case. Gretchen and Megan can both swim, but they're not super strong swimmers, and they had yellow flags up at the beach, so that meant no water activities. Typically, our hotel would have had kayaking, banana boat rides, and more water activities, but because of the strong waves, they didn't offer any of that while we were there.
Addy was more cautious with the water. She ran in to it, ran out, and then played in the sand.
Megan was knocked down once by the waves, but that didn't stop her from getting back in to the water.
The girls were building a sand castle and then running back in to the water, when we think Megan was stung by a jellyfish on her toe. We aren't 100% sure, but she started to scream and cry and said that something bit her. We managed to get some vinegar to pour on her toe, but that made her scream more. After that fiasco, we made our way to the hotel pool.
We had lunch poolside, and then the girls had snow cones.
Poor Addy, she always freezes in the water, and the snow cone didn't help her! Her little lips were almost blue and she was freezing! She has no meat on her to help keep her warm! So we cuddled while wrapped in fresh towels.
We headed back to the room late in the afternoon. I showered and got ready for our coaches soiree.
And it was at that point that I decided I may never leave Miami.
We clean up pretty nice! Ha!
We loaded the bus and headed to a rooftop on South Beach. We were greeted with music, drinks, appetizers, and deserts.
These coaches wives are gorgeous inside and out! I absolutely love getting to hang out with everyone outside of games and other settings. It was a nice evening to cut loose and relax.
All of the staff went in to take a photo.
And the event photographer grabbed a photo of DJ and I together.
(And psst, I grabbed these last three photos from the bowl facebook page)
Day 2 was so relaxing and we topped it off with a fun night out! Head back tomorrow for our day 3 re-cap!




















No comments:
Post a Comment