Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: Our Christmas Home Tour

Merry Christmas friends!!! For some reason, it doesn't feel like Christmas on the blog, until I do a holiday home tour! Today, I'm linking up with Momfessionals blog for her Show & Tell Tuesdays! I can't wait to peek in to everyone's home all decorated for the holidays!!! 

So, come on in for our Christmas Home Tour. 

DJ worked so hard getting all of the lights up outside. I added our Christmas wreath that I made several years ago and a miniature tree. 

I love our wreath, it was super easy to make, and I love all of the glitter and charm. 

And when you walk in......

Our entry way........

My mom collects Clothtique Santas by Department 51.  I have one, and she has 100! This one was a wedding gift.

Fun fact: DJ and I were married on December 17th. One of our wedding showers was a Christmas themed shower, and I was able to register for all sorts of Christmas decorations, our Christmas china, and more. It was the funnest shower that we had, and every year I love pulling out our decorations and remembering where each piece came from. 

Our nativity is in DJ's office. 

Let's head in to the dining room.............
I try to keep our dining room table decorations simple. We have to eat here, and it's a pain moving things out of the way. When my grandmother passed away, I received this wooden tray, and it's been perfect for holding decorations, and it's easy to move. 
Our tray is filled with greenery, pinecone candlesticks, frosted berries, pheasant feathers, sequin ornaments, and our Spode salt and pepper shakes.  (similar, here)
I made a little hot cocoa bar for the girls in the kitchen.
Spode Spoon Rest
Tea Cups
Spode Serverware
Above our hot cocoa bar, I added a few more Spode pieces- a wooden cheese tray, and tile serving platter, and a rustic "Happy Holidays" sign. 
My mom bought me these little snowman measuring spoons, so they're hanging on our cabinet doors. 

Our advent calendar, gingerbread plates, and Bible verse are on the other side of the kitchen. 
On those cabinets, I added a Santa chip and dip set (I received this for my shower and still remember who gifted it to us!), a jar full of red beads, and my grandmothers bread baking bowl. 
Our chalkboard sign sits on our bar. 

On to the Living Room.......
Our sideboard has greenery, ribbon, red burlap ornaments, wooden trees, and plenty of twinkle lights. 
Over the years, the girls have made various handprint and footprint canvas', and they're all hanging above our sideboard. 

I found the ribbon, ornaments, and trees at Hobby Lobby this year. 
Our end table has a little more greenery, burlap ornaments, and ribbon. My mom gave me these wooden Santa's, and I love them! I added a little Spode rectangular dish to collect little trinkets. 

Our Santa placemat is sitting beside the Christmas tree. 
I picked this up last year when we were at our bowl game in Shreveport! 
The girls Christmas books are on the shelf, for easy access! I love being able to read to them while snuggled up in front of the fire. 
I placed our wooden tiered tray on our coffee table. 
There's a little tree candy dish filled with beads, a crystal votive filled with beads, ornaments, and our Spode coasters. 
On the top shelf, I added a little cupcake stand, a wooden house, and the cutest little Christmas tree that I found this weekend at Restore House. 
I mean, this is the cutest little house. I plan on keeping it out all year. 
And the miniature tree fits perfectly! 
Our stockings are hung...... 
We purchased our stockings years ago at Lillian Vernon. I love that they've had similar styles each year, so it was easy to buy more as we needed to. 
I have several little holly bushes on the mantle, with red sequin ornaments, and our silver snowflake stocking holders. 
Our bookshelves are filled with Santa photos from years past.

And other Christmas collectibles I've received over the years. 


The angels belonged to my grandmother, and I feel like there's a third somewhere, so each of the girls can have one. 
And finally, our Christmas tree....
I usually deck the tree out in deco mesh, but I really was going for a simple, clean look with a rustic flair. So, I added the plaid burlap ribbon to our tree..... I really should change out the tree skirt and tree topper, but our tree skirt is fairly new, and I really didn't want to spend the money on a new one. 

Each of the girls have their own little decorations too. 
Gretchen has three little trees- hot pink, light pink, and silver. 
Megan has a green tree in her room, complete with pink sparkle deco-mesh. 
And Adalyn has a white tree with colored lights, and pink deco mesh. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed a little peak in to our home this holiday season! 

To see more photos of our home, check out #theweltehouse on Instagram. 



4 comments:

  1. The girls' rooms look great!! Super cute decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your Christmas! It reminds me of so much of what my mother, sister, and I have. The Spode is giving me serious china envy, and that secretary desk in your entry way...love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks so warm and cozy! I absolutely love all of your decor!!!

    ReplyDelete