Today's the day.... our team plays later this afternoon in the Miami Beach Bowl. We've spent the last few days soaking up some sun, enjoying time with our football family, and getting ready for the game (well, DJ was).
This season was one of our best. Every year, we are just so immensely blessed by our football family, the players, the fans. We are so grateful to be a part of this team.
When I started dating DJ, I had no idea where his career path would lead us. I mean, I knew that he would work a lot, and I knew that we would move away from our family, but I didn't know that we would live in 3 states, go through numerous coaching staff changes, and meet the most wonderful people in the world. With each staff, there's an instant family and connection. The love and support shown for each other is just beyond what I can put in to words.
Here's a look back at our highlights from our season.
We started out the year getting ready with a pre-season scrimmage. The girls geared up and we decided, maybe they shouldn't play after all!
Cheering is right up our alley though!
I haven't been able to make it to every practice, because of work and activities, but I love being able to watch our coaches and these players do what they love on the field.
And just like that, it was game day, and our girls were the kick off kids for the first home game!
We spend most of our games cheering from inside the offices, because the girls still would rather play and run around than sit in the stands.
And with that first game, we brought home a win.
And sometimes, we even got to see this guy before the games!
And we brought home more wins. 9 in all this season. Today, we're going for win number 10!
These girls are growing up around the sport and loving it. They're going to make really good wives one day!
Our trip to Houston was a fabulous time away. Now, don't ask me about that game... I'm still sick over it.
Homecoming weekend rolled around, and we had family visit, our faces painted, and we cheered from the stands!
It's great to have the whole gang there!
And then we were able to experience the next home game with my family!
And we taught, Yaya, how to throw up the 'Cane.
Hey there mom, thanks for coming to Tulsa!
Our head coach and his wife, join the efforts to fight against and speak out for Alzheimer's. Each year we are able to help support them. I love that they are so passionate and use their positions for so much good. Seriously, they are amazing people.
So, here we are.... ready to cheer on our Cane one more time this year at the Miami Beach Bowl.
#ReignCane
















No comments:
Post a Comment