Every once in a while, I like to document what our typical day looks like. I mean to do this way more often than I actually do, but Tuesday morning, I woke up and decided that I needed to document our day.
My alarm went off about 6:15 am. I had already turned it off, and actually had to delete the alarm, because I couldn't get it to clear, when I decided that I needed to document. Most mornings, my alarm goes off at 6:15, but I usually lay in bed for about 15 minutes and scroll through a few blogs.
I typically read the same blogs each day.
And then I check my email, and any other notifications.
Once I'm feeling more away (I'm totally NOT a morning person) I get up and take a quick shower. I only wash my hair 2-3 days a week so my showers are fairly quick.
Once I was out of the shower, it's time for makeup.
By now, it's about 7:20 and the girls are awake and getting their breakfast. Once my make up is done, I usually run out and check on them. But, DJ was off, and he and Addy were still in bed.
So, I started a load of laundry before making my way to the kitchen.
Where I found this kiddo hiding and drinking some juice.
I made breakfast.
Fixed a glass of Ningxia and Orange juice.
And filled up the diffuser with Thieves before sending Megan upstairs to get dressed.
I started to eat breakfast.
When this kiddo woke up.
By now, DJ was awake to, and the big girls were getting dressed and Adalyn was eating breakfast, so I fixed the girls lunches.
Once everyone is dressed we fix hair.
And then it throw on some clothes.
And by 8:20, we're off to school.
Addy was super excited about school! I walked her inside, and then....
the big girls and I headed in to school.
As soon as I get to work, I check my email.
And I filled up my diffuser.
The girls went to their classes, and I started my speech groups.
We played Roll & Cover with my articulation students. And then about 10:15, Gretchen came in to the nurses office (my office is close by) saying she had hurt her foot in PE. We put some ice on her foot, and figured that it was just sprained, but we wanted to be sure. So, I called DJ.
And he came to get her to have her checked out. She didn't want to walk, so he attempted to carry her to the car.
He took her to the football offices, so one of the trainers could x-ray her foot.
And, I headed outside for recess duty.
After recess, DJ brought Gretchen back to school and brought me lunch. And I totally forgot at this point that I was trying to document our day.
Later on, Megan came down to grab her library books off my desk.
At the end of the day, Megan came back down with a friend, and I got ready for an after school meeting with a parent. Gretchen had kindness club, so she was staying at school until 5. After my meeting, Megan worked on her spelling, and I finished up some paperwork. It was close to 5, so we just stayed at school until Gretchen was finished.
We picked up Adalyn and headed home.
DJ was home and browning taco meat. The girls dumped their backpacks, showed off any work they did, and I started to help DJ with dinner.
Gretchen sat down to read a book.
We made enchiladas for dinner.
Adalyn ate some peanut butter and colored.
And Megan had a party with her baby dolls.
Eventually, Addy ended up in my bed watching Sophia.
And I decided to put on my pajamas.
It was finally dinner time. I had half an enchilada, some taco meat, and quinoa.
After dinner, I spent the next 30 minutes or so cleaning up the kitchen.
DJ helped the girls put away their laundry.
And then it was time to tuck in the girls. I read to Adalyn and snuggled her for a bit.
And then it was Megan's turn.
And finally Gretchen's.
DJ helped me tuck in the girls, but he made it back downstairs before me, so he went to the office to do some work. I joined him for a little bit, and then went back to the living room.
I turned on the t.v, turned on my computer, and worked on a blog post. We watched Ellen's game show, and some of the Olympics.
I think we finally went to bed around 10:20 or so, after watching some of the news.
Whew. Our day was pretty mundane, but it was busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment