Well, I totally thought that this would be the week where I would get through and work an entire 5 days. But, it wasn't. Tuesday afternoon, Addy's preschool called letting me know she was running a fever. I went to pick her and brought her to my office, for all of 30 minutes until DJ could get over to get her. Thankfully, I had a gap in my schedule where I didn't have any students to see!
By the time I got home, her fever was gone and she was totally fine.
And then, this happened at dinner time, and I realized Megan had a 100 degree temperature.
So, I stayed home with the little girls. Thankfully, they both fully recovered and we spent Thursday at school!
First up, today is the LAST DAY for Young Living's sale! They have majorly discounted some fun stuff, and I'm having a hard time holding back and not grabbing #allthethings. But, their LBriant lip gloss will be gone, and it makes a fun gift for a girlfriend (or if you're a man reading here and need a gift for your wife!), and the BBQ set makes a fun gift for your hubby! DJ uses his grilling gloves every time he smokes meat and he loves them! If you want to grab something from the sale, feel free to email me.
I read something Sunday night about how we should be grateful for Mondays. On a typical Monday morning, I usually loathe that it's the start of a busy week, our busiest day, and I don't often look forward to it. but, this thing I read was telling us that what if it were our very last Monday. Would we look at it differently? What would we do different? Wow. I can tell you that there's a lot of things I would be doing different. So, from here on out, I'm not going to dread Mondays.
And, I totally thought the above quote was perfect for my #girlboss attitude. I can either wake up and dread Monday, or I can get out their and chase my dreams.
After school, we headed to speech therapy, where my favorite girl needed extra cuddles. Monday was her first day back after being sick two days the week before and through the weekend, so I think all of the activity wore her out.
After speech, we headed to gymnastics. Look at her doing that cartwheel!
Tuesday morning, I added a drop of oil to Adalyn's diffuser bracelet and sent her off to school. Her nose was runny, so a drop of oil did the trick. But, it was later this afternoon, when I had to pick her up from school.
This might have been my favorite outfit of the week. (except for my yoga pants on Wednesday when we stayed home!) I bought this sweater over our trip on winter break, and it was perfect for a freezing cold day!
Paper straws are my favorite. I shared my obsession with these and a few other things on Wednesday.
I walked out of my bedroom after giving Adalyn a bath, and saw Gretchen like this on the sofa. She twirled the towel herself and is just growing up too fast.
On our "sick day" I cleaned the house while the girls worked on Megan's Valentine's box for school. And ya know what the best thing is? Giving up control and letting your child decorate their own box.
It's a pretty freeing thing when you let them be creative!
I cleaned my make up brushes this week with my Thieves cleaner and they came out like they were brand new. This is my favorite cleaner ever! It's plant based, natural, and best of all, it's safe for my girls and family! Plus, there's no bleach/chemical smell that leaves me light headed.
My favorite song right now?
Perfect by Ed Sheeran. You guys, I'm obsessed with Ed.
Wednesday was National Signing Day in the world of college football. The coaches work hard recruiting players and awarding scholarships and this is the day that athletes commit and sign to a school and accept their scholarships. I can imagine that it's a pretty special day for high school athletes. And, I know it's a special day for our coaches and staff.
DJ works hard on creating a video and highlights on each of the signees, and while all the other wives are sitting with their coaches, mine is in the back running the show. Sort of ;)
It was fun to hear our head coach chat about each of the players and watch their highlights! We can't wait for next season!
And then afterwards, DJ and I went out to dinner at Smoke. I had the best shrimp pasta!
Our selfie game was horrible at dinner, so we snapped a picture when we got home.
And finally, I found this quote Thursday morning, and had to share it. We have a kiddo going through a difficult time at school, and my momma heart is breaking in two million pieces for her. But, I have to remember, and tell her, that her self worth is not in her classmates and their opinions of her. Her self worth and her identity is in Christ and Christ alone. And, we're so thankful for that.
This weekend will be full of basketball games and family time for us!
And then, we'll be looking forward to Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment