Monday, February 19, 2018

Life Lately

We're out of school today for President's day, and I'm catching up on #allthethings. Including this blog post :) I meant to blog this last Friday, but DJ and I were out late at the Blake Shelton concert, which was amazing.
We had a much needed night out, and enjoyed seeing Carly Pearce, Brett Eldridge, and Blake Shelton in concert. We made it home and in the bed after midnight, so I was dragging on Friday. 

Anyway, on to some life lately....
The girls have been busy with basketball practice. I haven't made it to one of Gretchen's practices this season because hers run later, and we want to make sure the other two kiddos are in bed on time, but, I went to yoga class one night and DJ took all of the girls, and I met them to pick them up before bedtime.... and, I got to see Gretchen practice and make some baskets! 
And, then our sweet friends took her out to dinner to celebrate her birthday. Gretchen and Connor have been BFF's since kindergarten, and say they're going to get married some day. They had a family dinner date at Osaka and had the best time. 
That same night, the weather was gorgeous, so we sat outside way too late and had popsicles in the driveway. 
And then it was too cold to take our John Wesley picture at church, so the girls asked for a photo on their favorite bench. 
And don't you just love a dress with just enough twirl factor. 
I grabbed this one from Gap Outlet when we were in Branson over Christmas, and Adalyn has been begging us to let her wear it, but we've either been sick or it's been too cold. We finally let her wear it last Sunday and she was so excited! She said she felt just like a princess. 
 
We've been reading lots of books at bedtime. 
And heading to gymnastic practices too. Addy's come such a long way this year, and occasionally, she'll have a really good cartwheel!
I was cooking dinner, when she said "Oh no mom, someone colored on me!" "It's a tattoo!" Um, yeah right kiddo. You did that one to yourself. Thankfully, it came off with a little soap and water in the tub.
We celebrated Valentine's day last week, and I'll be sharing more on that later this week :) 
And, we learned that Fun Dip can turn our mouth super fun colors. (gross)

So, that's a little bit of life lately and what we've been up to! 

Have a fantastic Monday my friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment