Monday, February 12, 2018

Valentine's

I cannot believe Valentine's day is this week! After the girls being sick, and signing day, I feel like I'm totally off my a-game and haven't prepared for Valentine's day at all. I wasn't even going to pull out my Valentine's decorations, but when I was home one day with Adalyn, I figured I would pull out just a few. 
On our dining room table, I placed one of the canvas' the girls made a few years ago, and a little heart shaped dish. 
And on the back of the girls chairs, I put up their Valentine envelopes. I found these last eyar at Target, monogrammed them, and added ribbon. The girls love coloring pictures for each other and placing them in their envelopes for each other to find. 
Near the girls toy kitchen and art area, I placed their other Valentine's canvas' (we made these on a snow day one year) and two little heart canisters. 
And then, of course, I changed up our Letterboard
I added a decorative hand towel, and the flowers from the signing day reception, added a more festive touch near our sink. 
Friday night, the girls worked on their Valentines. 
Last year, I raided Target's Valentine section when everything was on sale, and picked up little notebooks, bouncy balls, bracelets, and mustaches. Megan picked out Trolls valentines with little stickers. We used little ziploc bags to put the toys in, and stuck a card in each bag. 
I totally skimped on Adalyn's Valentine's this year. She decided to give all of her friends the bouncy balls we had bought, and then asked if we could give suckers too. So, I picked up suckers, and we stuffed the little toys in the bags. 
Years ago, I had bought the girls Valentine's from Jane.com, and I saved the extras, and it was the perfect amount for Adalyn's class. So, some of her friends are getting Mickey Valentine's and some of her friends are getting Olaf. Thankfully, she thought it was a fun idea, so I didn't have to buy any. Mom win. 
When we picked out cards for Gretchen, she decided she wanted to make Valentine's for each of her friends, so we picked up this little DIY card set, and she included bracelets for the girls and mustaches for the boys. 

And with that, we're finally ready for Valentine's day. 


But, I'm still trying to think of something fun we should do for the girls..... we typically go out to eat pizza, but I'm thinking we should pick up some fun cookies or pick up some doughnuts for breakfast... what do you do for Valentine's day with your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment