Back to School is right around the corner.... which is so strange, because this year, we aren't actually starting school on time. Even though, we're still here in Oklahoma, we decided to not put the girls back in school with our move to Texas coming up. We went back and forth and debated on starting the girls in school, but ultimately, thought it would be easier that they didn't go back and see old friends and teachers and adjust, just for us to pull them back out, move, and start school again.
But, that doesn't meant that we aren't preparing for the first day at their new school.
I thought I'd share a few of our back to school traditions today!
When Gretchen started preschool, we made sure she was set with embroidered shirts, new shoes, and a big bow.
In Kindergarten, I bought her a little smocked short set, and gave her a fun school bus necklace that she wore for the first several months.
In 1st grade, we continued the necklace tradition, but she wore a little crayon dress, and we continued the tradition of having her photo made with a chalkboard sign.
And of course, little sisters started getting in on the back to school action too!
I made Adalyn's little pencil dress.
And Megan's little crayon shirt.
Over the years, we continued the tradition of embroidered shirts and big bows :)
and fun little chalkboard signs.
We always set aside some time on the first day to make sure we get pictures.
New backpacks are on the agenda, but we actually don't get new backpacks every year!
We buy the girls backpacks from Pottery Barn kids, and the girls get at least two years use out of them! Their backpacks are totally worth it and hold up so well.
Most years, I do some back to school decorating to get us in the mood.
And honestly, I'm super sad that I won't be back to school decorating this year.
We also get our back to school essential oils ready.
Thieves is definitely a favorite around here, as is geneyus, and our focus roller!
One of our favorite traditions is Bibles and Blessings that our church puts on. During the service, the kindergartener's were prayed over, received a Bible, and had cupcakes afterwards.
And one of our favorite traditions, is daddy meeting us and walking everyone to class! We're not sure that will happen this year, but it sure has been the best that he's gotten to do that each year with the girls!
I have always loved working at the girls school, so a huge change this year, will that I won't be with them every day. I have mixed feelings about it, but I'm super excited about a position that I'll possibly be taking.
We try to get the teachers a little gift for the first day of school. We know how overwhelming it can be and we want them to know they're so appreciated!
Gee and Papaw usually send the girls a card for them to open on their first day.
And one year, we bought the girls mommy & me first day of school bracelets from Rustic Cuff.
We all wore them on the first day to help some jitters go away.
What are some fun back to school traditions in your house? Are you guys ready for your kiddos to head back?

















No comments:
Post a Comment