Last week, the girls and I headed off on a road trip to Austin, Tx.... our future home :)
DJ's been there for a few weeks now and is busy, but settling in, and we couldn't wait to spend a few days with him before pre-season began.
We were looking forward to a girls trip, and I had a few stops planned along the way.
A little over an hour in to our trip, and the girls had to potty, and then we finally made it to Dallas and stopped for lunch. We ate at CFA and the girls played to get some energy out.
Once we made it through Dallas, we stopped at the Czech Stop to load up on kolaches.
The girls each got a huge cookie in the shape of Texas,
and, I tried a cream cheese and chocolate chip kolache.
We had planned to stop at Magnolia Farms, but the girls were settled in the car, and it was getting to be closer to rush hour in Austin, and we wanted to get there ASAP.
Our first stop was the stadium! DJ was still at the office, and we couldn't wait to see him and for him to show the girls around their home away from home.
Little girls, big stadium.
They were so excited to finally see daddy again!
We showed the girls around, and stopped at the longhorns, and taught them a little game day tradition.
We also showed them the Texas OU wall.
And then Addy saw the number 4 and wanted her picture made, since she use to be 4.
And then Megan wanted her picture made by numbers, and we said the 8 was for her turning 8 next year.
And, then Gretchen took her picture by the 10, since she's 10.
But the little girls wanted their picture there too.
then, we took them out to the field!
Gretchen sat and took it all in, while her sisters did cartwheels.
Then we headed for a pizza dinner, and the girls got dough to play with.
And they ate slices of pizza as big as their heads.
We went back to DJ's apartment, gave the girls baths, and got them all tucked in.
The next morning, we had errands to run.... we went to the mall, and found the Lego store, and then met DJ for lunch at In and Out.
We sat outside, it was hot, but still comfortable.
Then, we drove the girls out to the new house to show them around. They picked out bedrooms. saw the backyard, ran all around the playroom......
and I obsessed over the subway tile and tried to plan which pieces of furniture would go where.
DJ went back to work, and the girls and I went to the apartment, and Megan wiggled her tooth.
Tuesday night, we had a dinner with the coaching staff, and I made Gretchen take my picture since I didn't have a full length mirror! Ha! I had to make sure my shoes matched my dress okay.
We didn't take any photos at the dinner; in fact, I dropped my purse at the door, and was thankful to be away from my cell. I think the wives at UT will be fun and I enjoyed getting to know several of them.
Since we had a babysitter, we decided to head downtown and explore a few of the bars.
The next morning, the girls played with their new Lego sets.
and Megan showed off her missing tooth! She pulled it out right after we left for dinner!
We drove out to the girls new school and took a little tour.
They'll be starting school after we move and I wanted them to know a little bit about where they'll be going to school.
Gretchen was excited because they have choir and orchestra.
We stopped at Panera for lunch, and Addy said, "Let's pretend we're on a date mommy!"
Once DJ got home, we went out to a local Mexican restaurant and had the best fajitas ever.
Seriously, so good. There was a salsa bar, yummy queso, and fresh, homemade tortillas.
Megan was cold and tired, so she cuddled up after dinner.
On Thursday, we headed home, and I thought twice about wearing my Texas hat in Sooner country.
We had a fun visit and can't wait to be in Austin for good!
No comments:
Post a Comment