Friday morning, was a bit lazy :) Our cousin had been in town dropping her son off at college, and since she was heading back to Arkansas, she stopped by to pick up Megan, and we were left with one less sister.
We headed off to the gym, and Adalyn insisted on wearing her princess dress, and since it's summer and she's 5, I let her.
After the gym, we went to the grocery store, and came home to clean house because we had a house showing at 5:30 and a dinner party scheduled for 6, that I pushed back to 6:30. Of course, the people that were scheduled to see the house didn't show, and rescheduled for 10 am Saturday morning, and didn't show again.
But, Friday night, we had a few friends over. When we moved to Tulsa, we had the best neighbors. We started off in a 3 bedroom house, and a year later, moved two doors down to a house that had more space. The neighbors that then moved in to our first house, later moved in to the house two doors down, when we moved out, and eventually moved back to Florida. Anyway, they were in town visiting so all the old neighbors got back together.
And, they've had a new baby since then, and Addy was in love.
Our other friends, The Thummels came too, and they're about to have a new baby and I can't wait to squish and hold him!
But, I had to sneak a picture with Timmy because he was one of my first speech kiddos when we moved to Tulsa, and it's because of him that his momma and I are good friends. I sure do love this kid and it's been awesome to see him grow!
Timmy's older sister is a year younger than Gretchen, but a lot taller! These girls have been sweet friends over the years.
And we joke, because as soon as Gia was born, I got pregnant with Adalyn.
And of course, we had to take an old neighbor picture, minus Megan.
These were our first friends in Tulsa. They would come over when we were outside, we'd sit in the driveway and talk for hours and let the kids play, the kids would run back and forth between houses, we'd rock each other babies, pop in for dinner, borrow a cup of flour, or send each other left over desserts we didn't want in our own house, or my kids would raid their pantries.
We loved our neighbors, and sadly, when we moved to our current house, we didn't see each other often.
These girls were the best of little friends.
Saturday morning, we got Gretchen out the door for a weekend in OKC with her friend, and Adalyn and I headed to the movies to see Christopher Robin. Remember, we had thought we had a house showing at 10, and we had another at 12:15, so we needed to stay busy for a while.
She even brought her "little sister" along.
We came home, had lunch, took a nap, and then played a few games.
She crushed me at Memory.
After dinner, she asked to fill up the diffuser, so I let her choose the oils.
She dropped the oils in.....
turned it on, and changed it to the color she wanted.
She was super proud of herself.
Later that night, we went on a bike ride around the block. Girl is fast on her bicycle and almost needing a new one!
While Addy and I had a girls weekend, Gretchen was in OKC with her friend Conner, and his family.
They had a great time at Frontier City!
He even gifted her the sweetest necklace, so she'll always remember her Oklahoma roots.

No comments:
Post a Comment