Happy Friday friends! I'm linking up today with Andrea, Narci, and Erika and sharing some Friday Favorites, which just so happen to be a random assortment of photos from the last week.
Sunday morning, it was just Adalyn and I at church. She took her photo with John Wesley, which has been a little Sunday tradition, and I realized how much I'm going to miss these photos, and of course, our church home as well when we move in the next few weeks.
Last weekend, Megan had her turn at Camp Gee.... a few days in the summer, where each girl gets some 1:1 time with their Gee. They made doughnuts for breakfast one morning.
and she played a ton with her cousin!
they also had watermelon.....
and made cookies.
They got incredibly dirty jumping on Gee's trampoline.
We're not sure why, but anytime the girls jump on it, it rubs black off all over their bodies and clothes, which means they need a heck of a scrubbing.
They went swimming,
and saw Christopher Robin.
Megan loved being with her Gee and her cousin for a long weekend, and our house was strangely quiet without her.
There's a little store in Alma, Arkansas that my mom and I will go to when we meet halfway between her house and mine, and I found University of Texas Christmas cards! I picked up four packages for our Christmas cards this year, and thought they'd be super fun since this will be our first year at UT.
I also picked up ribbon and materials to make us a football wreath, and I can't wait to get to Austin and hang it on our door.
Addy Pearl got caught reading one of the Danielle Steel books my mom lent to me.
And we had morning snuggles in my bed while she watched Spirit. We texted this photo of her to DJ to tell him good morning.
This time away from DJ has been unexpectantly hard. I really thought that the girls and I would be super busy with house showings and be at the pool a lot, and frankly, I've been a bit depressed as we haven't had a ton of showings, and little movement on our house here. While, we'll be able to get moved to Austin before our house sells, that's even taking a little longer than I think I initially expected. I'm finding that I'm not sleeping well at night, which means I'm sleeping late to try to play catch up or even taking afternoon naps. We're caught in the middle of, we should be packing to, we still have several weeks, so there's no sense in packing everything now. Plus, we want our house to look nice during home showings, so it makes no sense to pack everything we own. We're not in a routine, and we're all suffering because of it, but I'm struggling to get motivated to find one.
Basically, life has been a little hard and I'm admittedly depressed about it. We're just ready to be together as a family, and in our house, and we want the girls in school there as soon as possible. I want to be decorating and unpacking and spending our weekends at football games.
This too shall pass; it's just passing very slowly right now!

No comments:
Post a Comment