Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Future Interior Designer....

Saturday evening (after the pumpkin patch and shopping), Gretchen and I came home and put on our jammies! I love snuggling in jammies in the evening. I let Gretchen play in the living room while I cleaned up the kitchen. I turned around and saw her redecorating!

I wasn't completly suprised, my grandmother is a wonderful decorator (and my mom and I like to think that it's in our blood as well). I guess, that it's passing down through the Goodson gene-pool, because Gretchen is starting to decorate as well!

In the Catholic church, it's tradition for the members to receive palms on Palm Sunday. I placed the palms in a large vase that I have other decorative sticks in. Gretchen discovered this vase and the palms a few months ago, but since we were moving, I conveniently placed it in the garage.

Now, that it is out again, Gretchen is having tons of fun pulling out the palms. On Saturday, she pulled out all 3 palms, managing to split one in half, and pulled out a smaller container that I keep in the kitchen on the floor. I think she decided that the palms looked better by themselves in the smaller container!

I found her actions quite entertaining, so I had to snap a picture. By the time I grabbed my camera, she had pulled two of the palms out, but nonetheless, I think she has the decorator gene running through her! Sometimes, kids just do things that make you chuckle, shake your head, and think "how did they come up with this?"

2 comments:

  1. So funny! Maybe she has a future career on HGTV!

    Have a great day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! You won my giveaway! Shoot me an email at askblondeambition@gmail.com and I'll get your info for shipping!

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete