DJ came home early on Sunday; which was a very rare treat, since we are in the middle of football season. I guess it was a good day at the office, since we had our very 1st win this season on Saturday!
I have been wanting to carve pumpkins with Gretchen for a few weeks, but we never seemed to have the time. We finally carved on Sunday- this was Gretchen's first time carving a pumpkin (we didn't do it last year), so we took lots of pictures and home video.

Gretchen showing off her pumpkin..... the before.

Gretchen finally decided to reach her hand in. She didn't reach far in at first; always so cautious. But, she eventually did. DJ didn't make the hole large enough for his hand, which left mostly me to clean it out.

I drew the face on the pumpkin and DJ carved. Gretchen preferred to color on the newspaper or on the pumpkin.

Then, Gretchen decided that she might try a bite. "Mmmm"; she says that when something really is good or when she knows she's eating something I'd disapprove of. (As in this case.)

DJ and Gretchen showing off our finished product. Despite some missing teeth, we did fairly well. Gretchen decided that it needed a bit more color.

When we were finished, we showed Gretchen how we put a candle inside and light it. We then took it outside. Somehow, we managed to get Gretchen sitting by her pumpkin. Thankfully, it was unseasonablly warm, since she had on her diaper cover, dressy socks, and her t-shirt from our friend Laura.
I'm glad that our family was able to do this together. I love family traditions. This is one of many that we will share with our children. I hope that you've found the time to carve your pumpkin as well!
Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment