Sadly, Gretchen didn't get to wear one of her cute pumpkin pillow case dresses, since it was too chilly and muddy! But, she did look adorable in her brand new pink rain boots, or for today- mud boots! Yes, I had to go buy her new shoes just so she could go out in the mud! Although, the shoes were adorable, they're a little big. She had some trouble stomping through the vines and the mud, but we managed! (I bought them a bit big, so she'll be able to wear them in the spring.)
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Pumpkin Patch!
Gretchen and I went to the pumpkin patch today with our friend Melissa and her little boy Justin. It turned out to be a beautiful day after such a crummy rainy week. I was so relieved that the weather cooperated and the sun decided to shine- thank you Mother Nature!
Sadly, Gretchen didn't get to wear one of her cute pumpkin pillow case dresses, since it was too chilly and muddy! But, she did look adorable in her brand new pink rain boots, or for today- mud boots! Yes, I had to go buy her new shoes just so she could go out in the mud! Although, the shoes were adorable, they're a little big. She had some trouble stomping through the vines and the mud, but we managed! (I bought them a bit big, so she'll be able to wear them in the spring.)
Gretchen and Justin rode in the wagon as we walked over to the pumpkin patch. Wagons are a necessity when you go the pumpkin patch- make sure that your local patch will have one for your use, or you'll need to bring your own! Hopefully, next year Gretchen will have her very own wagon (Gran and grandpa should be getting her one for Christmas!)
Gretchen and I pausing for a minute to take a picture. Look at her adorable pink boots!
"Mom, I found my pumpkin!" Did you guys know that pumpkins had prickly thorns on them? Me either! Take a man or take some gloves so you can pull it off the vine!
Gretchen and Justin with their pumpkins. There is one extra for Justin's new baby sister!
After we picked the pumpkins, we found fresh apples! Wassons nursery is now taking orders for apple trees- if you'd like one of your own next spring! We picked out 4 apples and shared one for dinner, and yes, they were delicious! It made me want some caramel to dip them in! We had such a great fall day!
Sadly, Gretchen didn't get to wear one of her cute pumpkin pillow case dresses, since it was too chilly and muddy! But, she did look adorable in her brand new pink rain boots, or for today- mud boots! Yes, I had to go buy her new shoes just so she could go out in the mud! Although, the shoes were adorable, they're a little big. She had some trouble stomping through the vines and the mud, but we managed! (I bought them a bit big, so she'll be able to wear them in the spring.)
Labels:
Halloween
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment