Sunday, February 20, 2011

We're Surviving....

If you've been following us for the last few weeks, you know that we are in the process of moving to Tulsa! I'm so excited about this move because we're going to be super close to my family, and DJ's!

We've had a successful week in the moving department. DJ found this house for us to rent until our house here can sale: It's 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and has hardwood floors, along with stainless steel appliances, a spa tub in the master bath, and granite tile countertops in the kitchen.... besides the brighter paint colors on the inside- I'm in love!

I will say that with this being our 3rd move to a new city & state in 5 years of marriage. DJ has always done very well with picking out our 'temporary' homes!

Gretchen and I have survived our 2nd full week by ourselves. We've only had one evening, where I thought I was needing a break, or she was needing an early bedtime because she was so whiny!

We had a great evening out last night at our school carnival! She did very well at the games (although she cheated a little) and she won the cake walk two times! So, she was treated to a mini cupcake and a sugar cookie!

We also took the time and colored a picture this week:
She said that she was making it for daddy, so I guess it's going to go in our 'miss you' box that we'll be mailing him on Tuesday.
Our house is officially on the market, and although we have had no phone calls about it, i'm hoping that we'll be getting some soon! I went ahead and ordered a St. Joseph from Amazon, who also came with a St. Jude..... there's a belief that if you bury St. Joseph under your 'for sale' sign upside down and facing your house that it will sell quicker. St. Jude is a saint for desperate times, so I figured that having him wouldn't hurt either! Plus, they came in a kit together.... I hope that they'll be delivered on Tuesday and that I can get the burried or in the appropriate places!
We're lucky enough to have President's Day off on Monday, but I'm going to take Gretchen to daycare, so I can have some relaxing time by myself. Of course, the mommy guilt set in, but as it's just the two of us, I figured some mommy time wouldn't hurt! I keep counting down the weeks until we see DJ again, and it actually isn't too far away! I'm ready for him to get his butt back here though, so we can have a full two weeks together! And after that, we'll be on the home stretch of having this baby and moving!
For those that are praying for our family- I thank you. It honestly means the world to me, as I don't know how I could get through this time without God's guidance and the support of our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment