Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Girl Mom:The Honey Pie's Go Back To School

This Girl Mom sent her three honey pie's back to school last week!
I'm still not sure how I feel about summer being over and the honey pie's back at school, but if the year can continue the way that last week did, we'll have a fabulous year! 

It's always a little bittersweet when summer comes to an end. I love getting to spend my days with my girls, but by the end of summer, we are desperate for a routine and heading back to school gives us just what we need!

This year, heading back to school was much different than last year. I felt so much more ready and more prepared. I knew what to expect, I wasn't nervous. 

This year went much better. Smoother. Easier.
The little honey pie's started pre-school last Monday. Gretchen was visiting her Gee, so I just had to get two kids ready and out the door, and it was so much easier than getting three kids ready.

I painted an old cabinet door with chalkboard paint and it was the perfect sign for us to use in our back to school pictures. 

I made Megan a crayon shirt and matching hair bow to wear. 
After taking Megan's pictures, I attempted pics with both girls!
Adalyn was more interested in walking or crawling rather than standing still. 
I forgot how hard it is to take a picture of a toddler! 

Yikes, I just admitted that she's a toddler! Let's pretend I didn't. Ok?
Then, I took pictures of Adalyn and off we went.

I made her pencil dress, and her leopard headband is from Ruby Blue Inc.
Once we got to daycare, I had to switch Megan's bow. It would not stay on her head, and I knew it was extremely large, but it was perfect for pictures! 

Her flower clippie is from Bloomies. 

Adalyn cried a little bit, but honestly did very well!
Then, it was Megan's turn. Megan loved the idea of going to her class, but she did not like the idea of me leaving. Obviously, this picture was taken when preschool was a good idea!

She has cried every single day that we have left her. I'm pretty sure she'll cry every morning all year. She just has that personality.
Tuesday afternoon, Gee and Gretchen returned and I took Gretchen to meet her classroom teacher and to show her around her new school.

Gretchen is now enrolled at my school. I was hired full time at an elementary school last November. I didn't want to move Gretchen mid-year, but I knew that this year, I had to bring her to school with me for several reasons. After three days, I already know it has been the best decision that I made.
She wanted to be a "serious student".
But, that didn't last long!

Wednesday morning, DJ helped me out by taking the little girls to preschool. I was so nervous about how I was going to get us out the door on time and get good pictures of Gretchen. Thankfully, I had plenty of time since he was able to help out.
My mom bought Gretchen this smocked crayon dress, and I knew that it would be her first day of school outfit.

Which, is shocking, because you'd expect that she'd be in a custom shirt like her sisters!
Last year, she wore a smocked outfit, and I wanted her to wear one this year too. So, we saved her HPA shirt to wear on her 2nd day. 
Our chalkboard pictures didn't turn out too well. There was a huge glare on most of them and this is the best I got. 

I bought her a chunky necklace for her to wear. (I bought her one last year, so I thought it would be fun to continue this tradition.)
Here she is ready to leave my office and head to class. We bought her teacher a little gift.
Once she arrived in class, she started coloring her folder, and insisted that I stay as long as I could. 

I waited until the first bell rang, and then I tried to head out. 
This is Gretchen and her teacher. I am so, so thankful that I will be able to pick her teachers as long as she is at my school! All of our first grade teachers are FABULOUS! I seriously had the hardest time choosing, but I know that Ms. D. will be the best teacher for Gretchen.

I was able to check on Gretchen throughout her first day, and I think it's made the transition so much easier for us. I saw her at recess and then again at lunch. DJ told me I was "that mom" and I may be, but I'm so glad to have her close to me! 

I hope that all of you sending your honey pie's back to school can ease into the transition well! I pray that few tears are shed, and that you find yourself enjoying this new phase in life!

Find me everyday here:

No comments:

Post a Comment