We've already been back to school and we just wrapped up our first weekend of the school year, but I have to back track and talk about the weekend before school started! I've been doing lots of back tracking, but hopefully after this week, i'll be back on track!
We started our Saturday with a morning trip to Target and then I took the girls to lunch.
We chose Firehouse Subs because it was close and easy! Our town is getting more chain restaurants that are super yummy and this is one of them! It's been nice having a few options right down the road!
The girls loved their lunch, and I managed to get us all fed by myself.
Maybe it's just me, but taking the three honey pie's out to eat when I'm all alone is such a chore! It's hard work figuring out what everyone wants to eat, what I'm going to eat, finding a table, convincing Megan that she does not need a high chair, going to fix drinks, getting Adalyn's food out and ready and then finally getting the big girls food ready, and then yay! I finally get to eat! It's just a job. Am I alone in this?
After we ate, we went to the little girls' preschool and met their teachers.
This about sums up how Meggie feels about having to go back to school.
Once we met their teachers and got Megan sort of accustomed to her class, I loaded the girls into the car and we started off on a two hour trip to meet my parents.
I've always said, that two hours is the max for Megan in the car. She did so well on this drive, and partly because she was asleep, but it was so nice to enjoy the two hour drive without fussing, crying, and hearing that someone needed to go potty. Plus, I didn't turn on the DVD player before we left, and Gretchen even fell asleep!
My parents and I met first for a little wholesale shopping at this huge warehouse in this tiny town in northeast Arkansas. I bought some supplies to make a football wreath that I've been wanting to make since last Fall! I'll be sharing my wreath soon!
After shopping, we went to eat an early dinner at Cracker Barrel.
Gretchen was super excited to be heading home with her Gee.
Adalyn was all smiles at dinner!
After dinner, we had to convince Megan that she wasn't going to her Gee's house too, and then we headed back toward Tulsa.
Sunday morning, DJ and I decided that we'd skip church so we could go to Sam's Club. The girls bought us a membership, and DJ wanted to go, but he still had to be in the football office Sunday afternoon, so we just went in the morning.
Later that evening, I took the girls for a walk and Megan played outside with her "boyfriend". They went on a little cruise around our neighborhood.
Monday was my first day back at work, and the little honey pie's first day at preschool. I'll be blogging about that soon!
After school, I took the girls on a walk down to our pond. Meggie loves looking at the ducks.
She got out of the jogging stroller and just happily sat right down to start duck watching.
My mom brought Gretchen back on Tuesday and dropped her off at my school, which is now her school, for meet the teacher night. My mom picked up the little girls from preschool, and Gretchen stayed with me. I think getting candy was her favorite part of meet the teacher!
Megan has been having a hard time falling asleep in the evenings. I typically skip her nap if we're home, because it takes her two hours to fall asleep at night. However, now that she's back at preschool, she doesn't really skip her naps. So, she's been falling asleep on the floor around 10:30 at night.
Last Wednesday night, she finally fell asleep around 9:30, and even though it was on the floor in the living room, it felt like a total success!
I'm thinking of trying Essential Oils to get her to sleep better, but I still have my doubts about them. I've asked preschool to shorten her naps, but if that doesn't work, then EO is my next best guess.
Find me everyday here:












No comments:
Post a Comment