Monday, August 18, 2014

Summer Projects

School is back in session, but right before school started, I tried to get my butt in gear and start on & finish projects that I've been putting off all summer!
I reorganized Meggie's toys. Before, they were all in a huge wicker basket in her bedroom and she never played in her room! I had puzzles and books in her dresser, and she never opened those drawers. I brought our bucket toy organizer (from Target) from the play area upstairs and moved it to her room. Meggie is loving having access to her toys, and we've had to clean her room more than ever these days!
I have been wanting to decorate my sewing area for over a year, and I finally purchased a few prints to hang over my sewing table. While I was at it, I reorganized the mess I had made working on orders.

I'm dying for a turquoise colored antique desk to use rather than this folding table.
I used hooped fabric that matches Gretchen's bedding and hung those on the wall (I share an area in her bedroom; her bedroom is actually the bonus room- hello surprise 3rd baby!)
I love this hanger print!
I added back to school decorations to the kitchen table. Our Bible verses, a bucket full of brand new crayons, books that were mine when I was little, and a glass of magnetic letters.
I also purchased this print as a little surprise to DJ. I framed it and put it on his nightstand.

I still have lots of little projects that I'm wanting to do, and hopefully I'll get them finished before it's too far into the school year!

Find me everyday here:

No comments:

Post a Comment