This week is flying by and I am so thankful that today is Thursday! TU plays their home opener tonight against Tulane, and I'm so excited! I got a babysitter for the game and I'm so excited to be going by myself! Don't tell my girls!
We've had a great week and we're getting back into the swing of being back in school and all of the hustle and bustle that goes along with it!
August 22- Meggie and I settled in to watch a movie because we were exhausted after our first week of school!
August 23-Looks like we need to child proof better.
Seriously, this girl is in our cabinets all the time and it drives me bonkers!
August 24-The day that Jake & the Neverland Pirates made Gretchen cry.
Y'all, I was in the kitchen working on lunch and I looked over at Gretchen and she was in tears on the couch watching t.v. Apparently, Captain Hook tricked Jake and his friends into loosing their pirate ship. The first thing I did was call DJ and tell him all about this, because it was just funny that she was crying over a cartoon. Then, I went and comforted her and told her that I bet by the end of the show they'd have their beloved pirate ship back. For the record, they did, but I'll be deleting this Jake off the DVR for sure because it just makes my 6 year old a ball of mush.
Looking back, this is probaby one of the first big developmental signs that she's showing empathy toward others, so yay for that!
August 25- Gretchen's first day of ballet/tap.
I signed her up for tap/ballet when she was 3-4, and by the end she was burned out. We've done gymnastics and soccer, but this year, she was ready for dance again!
August 27- We had a heat index of at leat 100 today, but Meggie insisted on wearing a coat.
#whatevermakesherhappy
Find me everyday here:






No comments:
Post a Comment