Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday Ramblings….

How in the world is it Thursday already? This week is flying by, and that means that I only have one more week of summer vacation! I'm sure before it's over with, i'll be curled up in the fetal position hiding in the corner because i'm not ready to go back to work! The little honey pie's and I are really enjoying our summer! 

Over the last week, you could have found us sleeping in, found the girls tearing up the living room, watching too much t.v., and found me stitching away in my sewing room!

Speaking of stitching away- head on over to Erika's blog and enter the giveaway before it's too late! You could win a FREE appliqué shirt from HPA

Here's a little bit of what else we've been up to:
I made blueberry bread one day. The recipe is basically the banana bread recipe, but you only add one banana and 2 c. of blueberries. The results were spectacular!
Last Friday night we had dinner with the football team and did family introductions. True to form, Meggie was all smiles until her daddy introduced her and then she pulled the shade down on the stroller to hide. 

It also marked the start of fall football camp and saying bye to daddy. 

See you in December honey!
Saturday morning the girls and I loaded up and went over to Mrs. Angie's house to swim. I think it was our way of getting together to mourn the loss of our husbands.
Meggie was so tired after swimming all morning and into the afternoon, so I stopped by Sonic for ice cream and milkshakes so she would cheer up!

At least, that's the story I'm going with.
Saturday evening, Meggie decided her baby doll needed sunscreen.
I took the girls to church on Sunday, and I managed to get us their on time and even took some pics with my "good" camera, and those are still on the camera card. Maybe one day, you'll get to see them!

Once we got home, I made the girls take off their dresses for lunch. Because we are not ruining our church dresses with pb & j and yogurt. No ma'am.
Sunday evening I took the girls to the grocery store and since we didn't have a lot of groceries to buy, I broke down and let the girls ride in the car buggy.

The car buggy is ALWAYS broken when we go to the grocery store. But, one was working on Sunday evening. 

Just for the record, they're not really broken. I just think they're massively large and full of germs.
Monday morning, Adalyn was all smiles at breakfast. She has finally mastered the sippy cup and we're down to nursing once a day. 
She was playing in her room on Tuesday. I can't believe how big she's getting!
Wednesday afternoon I decided to move my couch out from the wall and caddy corner it just a bit to give a different look to my living room. My honey pie's love to climb all over our couch and sit on the back of it. After I moved the couch, Megan was doing just that and fell off the back! She was okay, but this is her "recovering" from her fall. 

DJ asked if I'd move the couch back against the wall so this wouldn't happen again. I told him no, that the girls will just have to learn that they cannot crawl on the back of our sofa!

We're off to the aquarium today, and back to school shopping, & then i'll be back to stitching up orders on Friday and over the weekend!

Tomorrow is a huge #weltegram2014 post because I've seemed to have forgotten about those again!

Find me everyday here:

No comments:

Post a Comment