Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Nutritive Cleanse

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I feel like the holiday totally snuck up on me, and we plan on keeping it super low key today. We'll take the girls for pizza tonight, as it's our yearly tradition, but other than their Valentine parties at school, we have no fun plans for the day!
Our tradition started 10 years ago, when Gretchen was a newborn baby. We wanted to go out to eat, but we didn't want to interrupt romantic dinners. So, we chose a local pizza place, and it was packed! Ha! But, the tradition has stuck with us. 


Anyway, on to today's post.

Last week, I decided that it was time for a cleanse. Well, actually back in January, I knew that a cleanse would be in my future, but I wasn't sure when I would start. So, I ordered the 5 Day Nutritive Cleanse from Young Living last month, and I had it sitting around for a few weeks before I decided to give it a go. Truth be told, I was really afraid of giving up food. I like food. Food makes me happy.

PS- if you can't handle poop talks then you should probably just skip today's post, and come back tomorrow :)
The cleanse comes with a Balance Complete which is a high fiber meal replacement shake. Digest & Cleanse, which are capsules to help clear your digestive system, and two bottles of Ningxia Red (an antioxidant drink made from wolfberries.)
 The system also comes with a little book (which I lost, so I had a friend send me the pictures) which outline the plan. And, it's pretty easy to follow.

20 minutes before your breakfast shake, you drink a glass of water, and take a Digest & Cleanse. Then, you drink your shake and a glass of Ningxia.

You are allowed to have a mid morning snack.
 Basically, you just follow that plan during meal times.
The snack part was my favorite!

Okay, so I tried to start the cleanse last Wednesday. I had the shake for breakfast and then realized I was starving, and I just couldn't resist eating leftover cinnamon rolls from breakfast. I failed. Immediately.

And then I also realized that because it was signing day, it was also date night. So, I figured that this day 1 would be a test run. I drank the shake again at lunch, and then I had a semi healthy dinner that night.

So, my for real start date was last Thursday. And y'all it was hard. But, not as hard as the Wednesday. I think the hardest part was just seeing other people with food and knowing that I couldn't have any.

But, the drink, was amazing. It seriously tastes like a vanilla milkshake. And, a cleanse that tastes that good is something I can get behind. I was happily shocked at the taste.

My afternoon orange, was basically life.

By Thursday night (day 1) I was gassy. Just being honest with y'all. Super gassy. I took some Essentialzymes, which is suggested if you're gassy from the cleanse.

And, I could tell the cleanse was working. I was in the bathroom day 1 a lot. Sorry guys, this is a super honest post. But, I can't really share about the cleanse unless I share my entire experience. Even if it's gross.

So, again, I was in the bathroom. A lot. But, I often had to pee (I was drinking a ton of water off setting the fact that I didn't have food.) And again, my body was cleansing itself. But, not in an explosive, my stomach hurts, and I'm goingt o have to sit on this toilet all day long kind of way. I could, um, expell the #2, and go about my day.

I did go to yoga Thursday night.

Day 2 (Friday) was about the same. I had a slight headache, and I felt a bit bloated. I was still gassy, but not as bad. I was in the bathroom a lot, again, not in an explosive I'm going to crap my pants kind of way. I just had to poop. Often.

Friday is our pizza night, and I told DJ there was NO way he was bringing a pizza in to our house. I ended up snacking on some carrots before having my dinner shake.

Saturday (day 3) was SO much better. I also had been to the grocery store, so I had a few more snack options.

I had never thought I would enjoy rice crackers and almond butter, but this snack was so freaking good. Again, I hadn't really eaten in three days, so cardboard would have tasted good.

On day 3, my body was still cleansing. The gas had subsided. I was still peeing a lot, but not pooping as often. Still going, just not as much. I didn't have a headache, and the day was much easier. I even went to the gym.

Day 4 was Sunday and I knew that my mid morning snack would be late because we were going to be at church. I made sure to take water with me, and a few grapes. 

Sunday wasn't bad. I was getting tired of the shakes at this point. They still tasted great, but I was just wanting food. 

Once I made it through my day 3, I knew that I could make it through day 4. Those two days were probably the easiest. 

Monday, was day 5, and it was hard. I could see the end in sight, and I kept telling myself that I could totally just give in on the last day. I managed to get through my work day, but Mondays are our busy days, so I was starving, and so ready for food by dinner. I did go ahead and eat dinner Monday night. So, I guess I made it 4 3/4 of 5 days. I'm totally find with that. 

Result wise. I did loose 3 pounds. I also felt that my stomach got a little flatter. Now, I have three kids, and I'm not a bit naive about how I look, and I know my body is not a perfect image. But, I didn't feel like I could share about the cleanse without attempting some before and after photos. 
Top row is the night of day 2. I honestly just didn't think about photos until this night.
Bottom row is the night of day 3. 
And again, top row is the night of day 2.
Bottom photos are the night of day 5. 

My goals moving forward are to keep sweets to an absolute minimum. I want to eat well balanced meals. I am cutting back on carbs, but not cutting them out. Carbs can be our friend, if we're eating the right kind of carbs. I will continue working out as often as I can. 

Most importantly, i'm going to love my body and my skin. It gave life to three beautiful children and nursed them for a year. 

If you're interested in the Nutritive Cleanse, please leave a comment or shoot me an email. 



1 comment: