Have you noticed that football season is right around the corner? I did a week ago, when my husband informed me that he wouldn't be home for dinner for the rest of the month. That's right, football season, well, practice, is in full swing! Our team checked in last Friday, so that means the end of family dinners and evenings at home with my husband. It seems that football season arrives quicker every year!
Last year, GG made Gretchen a pillowcase dress for the football season, but because it was so cold so early, she didn't get to wear it very often. Although, with the versatility of the dresses, she can wear it again this year!
I also decided that I wanted to make her a long sleeve applique' shirt for her to wear to the games. And this is what I came up with:
I found red fabric that features black and white polk-a-dots and applique'd "Cards" onto her shirt.
I also had a request to make a Colts shirt for a brother and sister. Because I couldn't find pink Colts fabric, I decided to do the stitching for the little girls shirt in pink, and her brother's is in the typical blue.
I have plans on producing other sports applique' shirts, and I received orders over the weekend that will keep me busy during my last week home! I'm still in shock that summer is over, but I know I'm ready for our first football game ~ Go Cards!~
No comments:
Post a Comment