On to the good news! The baby is now the size of a papaya:
And, should be settling into it's own sleep cycles. Which, thanks to my Babywise style of parenting- we'll get to fight over with each other once she gets here!The baby is actively kicking, which can get quite funny at times. I find myself laying in bed, just feeling her kick, and it's such an interesting feeling. And, as many know, it's not one you can quite describe.
The baby can also start to hear noises outside the womb, so I'll have to encourage Gretchen to talk to her little sister more!
We picked out a name for the baby yesterday! I bugged DJ every night last week, and he continued to tell me that he was tired of going over the same names, and that we had plenty of time. To which, I just replied, that if he'd help choose a name, we wouldn't have to talk about it anymore! Finally, on Saturday evening, he narrowed our list of 10 names, down to three. (Forgive me for not sharing the three names, but I can only remember two of them, so the other one, must not have been a high priority!)
I was cooking breakfast with Gretchen on Sunday morning, and I asked which of the three names were her favorite. To which, she replied.........Megan.
Once DJ came home from football Sunday morning, I shared which name Gretchen had chosen, and began to discuss middle names. Are options for middle names were Mae, Anne, or Claire. Megan Mae does not sound good, and Megan Anne could potentially spell things when she gets married (MAD, MAY, MAL, MAP- you get the point).... this is the same reason that Gretchen does not have the middle name of Anne (GAL, GAP, GAM, GAY, GAG)
So, our baby girl will be Megan Claire!

Later that afternoon, I decided to look up the name meaning for Megan. I discovered that it means "pearl". The funny thing is that Gretchen also means "pearl". The pearl also has to be my sorority gemstone, so it just fit. Once I learned that both girls will have the same name meaning, I knew that Megan was the right choice.
Upon searching for the pearl picture shown above, I also learned that the pearl was the June birthstone- and this little one is due May 30th- so I'm anticipating for her to arrive in June!
We can't wait to finally hold Miss Megan Claire in our arms in the next 18 weeks! Yes, I'm already counting down!
CONGRATS ON THE NAME!
ReplyDeletei really do love it.
and congrats on your growing papaya, your getting closer!
Beautiful name! Great choice.
ReplyDelete