That's right~ our little honey is three years old.... Wow! Time has flown by. It's so hard to believe that three years ago tonight, I was in the worst pain in my entire life, but I was surrounded by so much support, and it was all worth it. On January 26, 2008, I was able to hold my beautiful little girl for the very first time.
Here's a look back at some of the events from that day:

Holding Gretchen for one of the first times..... had I known that a picture was being taken, I would've tried to look a little more pleasant! But, I love the look of awe on DJ's face.

Look at her little cone head! And, all of that hair!

Oh yes, this is much better! We were so very happy!

I'm not sure I've seen DJ smile like this in a long time- this picture just captures how happy he was, and as a wife-I love seeing him with a huge smile on his face. He's such an amazing man, and a wonderful father!

My mother was my rock during the delivery- I'm so glad she was there. And, my stepdad- he's been such an amazing support to me and I'm so thankful for that! I know that Gretchen also loves her Gee and Pa!

I'm thrilled that DJ's mom was able to be there as well! What a blessing to hold her granddaughter for the first time!

A few days later, we were able to get a lot of rest and to just enjoy each other!

I was so happy to have such a wonderful husband, and I still am! Gretchen may not be a daddy's girl right now, but he's head over heels for her!
Happy Birthday Gretchen Rose! Mommy and Daddy love you more today than we did in those first few days- you have truely amazed us and taught us more than we could've ever imagined!
No comments:
Post a Comment