Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Halfway there~ 20 weeks


I'm there! The halfway point of my pregnancy! In September, this milestone felt forever away, but it's honestly come very fast! It's amazing that in around 20 more weeks, I'll be holding an amazing newborn and introducing him/her to Gretchen!
At this point in my pregnancy, we still do not know the gender- we'll find out next Tuesday! We do have names picked out though :) I've gained 10 lbs, and I feel good enough to work out again. Although, I'm trying to not overdo it, like I did yesterday!
The baby is almost 10 to 11 ounces, and should be around 10 inches long. The baby is practicing breathing and swallowing on a regular basis, and the skin is becoming more complex.
I am now wearing maternity pants, although I can still fit into old pants with the help of the bella band, and I can wear yoga/stretch pants and my pj's. I'm in a size bigger shirt or in maternity shirts- I like my shirts long, and my other shirts, aren't that long anymore!
I'm craving very cold things at night. Usually after I take a shower, I want ice cold water. I was also craving ice cream last week, and this week, I just want chocolate. Sadly, I retain water and have an increase in sodium, so I tend to have more swelling- especially in my ankles. So, I do have to watch what I eat and keep my feet up at the end of the day. Thankfully, it doesn't cause a huge increase in my blood pressure, but I know that I won't be able to wear my wedding rings for much longer!
I'm still sleeping well at night, and I have a good amount of energy during the day.
We have done nothing to prepare for the baby. I feel like we have a good start of left over things from Gretchen. We'll use her carseat, swing, pac-n-play, and bouncy seat. We'll also use her crib. We are still debating on whether or not to purchase a new dresser, and bedding. I have an idea for a theme for the room, but it also depends on the sex of the baby. I've decided that I would love to cloth diaper- so we're not stocking up on disposables. I'm also wanting a sit and strand Joovy Caboose stroller, that I'm saving my swagbucks for!
Hopefully, after next week, we can make a few more decisions, and after Gretchen's party, we can start to clear out the guest room, and if needed, I can go through Gretchen's clothes. Either we'll keep them or I'll be sending them to my sister-in-law, who is having a girl in May!
I'll update next week after we find out the sex, and I'm praying that Tuesday isn't the slowest day in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment