So, a few days ago, I posted about wanting to auction off a hair bow. Thanks to the suggestions from my wonderful Facebook fans, I have narrowed it down to two charities!
The first is "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep", and the second is CAPPS- i'll tell you what all those letters are in a bit!
So, now, I want you, my blog readers to help me decide!
"Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep", (NILMDTS) is an organization which provides photography to families that have lost an infant. This organization strives to "introduce remberance photography to parents suffering the loss of their baby with the free gift of professional photography." This foundation has a network of 7,000 volunteer photographers in the U.S. At a familie's request, the photographer will come to the hospital or hospice location and conduct a private and sensitive portrait session. The portraits are professionally retouched and presented to the family on a DVD or CD, and they can print out the portraits.
I think this charity touches me the most, because a high school friend of mine, lost her daugther over 2 years ago, just 7 days after her birth. I'm not sure if they used this organization, but I know they have pictures, and she still wears her daughter's picture on a necklace. Their story is still so touching to me, and I truely feel for families that have to endure such a loss.
CAPPS, or Craniosynostosis and Positional Plagiocephaly Support, mission is to "spread awareness, educate, and offer support and guidance to families affected by craniosynostosi and plagiocephaly". Craniosynostosis is a condition in which one or more of the fibrous sutures in an infant skull prematurely fuses, which results in restricted skull and brain growth, and is potentionally congenital. Surgery is typically used to seperate the fused sutures of the skull and to reshape the skull. Yankees catcher, Jorge Posada son's was diagnosed with the condition, and he bagan the Jorge Posada Foundation, in honor of his son. This organization will help families who are unable to pay for the corrective surgeries.
So, which one do we choose? Both are very worthwhile organizations! Help me decide by leaving a comment on this post. Once a majority has been reached, I'll announce the winning charity, and the auction for the hair bow will begin!
Pick CAPPS>..this is helping kids out there and there parents that cant afford stuff also we are just trying to raise awareness completely!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Amy and I am President of CAPPS - as a mother of a child that has undergone two craniofacial surgeries, I can tell you how important the support is from our group. We have many families from all over the world and our first and most important mission is to support the family while going through diagnosis, surgery and recovery. Craniofacial surgery is difficult - please come visit our website at www.cappskids.org as well as our facebook page. Thank you for considering us.
ReplyDeleteCAPPS!!! My daughter has Craniosynostosis & I blog about her. It is a difficult process for a family to go through.CAPPS is great. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteCAPPS!! From another mother who had a daughter go through craniofacial surgery at 8 months...this group is what got me through some really hard days.
ReplyDeleteThanks and Go CAPPS! <3