Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Favorites: Indiana Edition

Happy Friday Friends!!!! Today is a half day at work for parent/teacher conferences and I am counting down the hours for Spring Break!!!! I have big plans of just being with my girls (and DJ's off too), and we have a fun little staycation planned with a little get away to wrap up next week! I'm super excited for the break and for the countdown to the end of the school year!

I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci for Friday Favorites today!
This past weekend, DJ and I had to make a trip to Indiana. Monday afternoon we visited his grandfather in the hospital and then made a trip to the local candy factory. We bought the girls a gigantic bag of gummy bears and stocked up on truffles and Easter candy! 

And, I remembered that the weather in Indiana is GLOOMY! Y'all, I just cannot deal. 

We skipped lunch because we had a late breakfast, so we had an early dinner. Chicken nachos are my favorite. 
And, it's spring practice in the football world, and while DJ was away he still had to work. I'm totally use to him working through our dinners. 
Wednesday afternoon we met my parents and picked our girls back up! We were so excited to see them, but staying with their Gee and Ya-Ya was their favorite! Thank you Aunt Tiffany for stepping in and helping!
Saying good-bye isn't a favorite, but the girls and their Gee had a great time together, and I am so thankful for family that will step in and be there at a moment's notice. 
Addy's favorite thing is still making silly faces! 
And the 5 of us + our pup were packed like sardines, but at least we were all together again. 

Once we made it home, DJ headed to practice and the girls and I worked on laundry before taking Bailey to the groomer. 
After dropping the dog off, we checked out the fish, birds, rodents, and reptiles. 
Addy was a little afraid that the bird was going to fly right at her!
And then Gretchen wrote us a sweet letter saying that we really needed a fish. 

#shemayhavetalkedmeintoit
Thursday afternoon, Gretchen had a school presentation on a famous American. She chose Clara Barton, founder of the American Red Cross. And she chose to dress like her character. I was so proud of how hard she worked on her project and she did fabulous during her presentation!!!

Alright peeps, that's it for today!!! See y'all back here on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Love that little note asking for a fish. So sweet. Have a great weekend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the note. Get those girls a fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you go in Indiana? I live in Lafayette, and I can promise you that it's not gloomy all the time! Granted it did rain all week here, but today was super sunny!

    ReplyDelete