Happy Wednesday! Can you believe it's already Wednesday? This week is going by fast, but maybe that's because we're on the countdown to Spring Break!
I sat in a continuing education conference all day Friday, which was exhausting. I stopped by football practice to say hi to DJ before heading to pick up all of the girls from school.
After I rounded everyone up, we quickly ran to Sonic for dinner. Probably not the best choice, but it was what Gretchen requested and I had some errands to run so it was easy and fast.
After some quick errands, we headed to Gretchen's basketball practice.
And then we went upstairs so the girls could run around a bit and watch the other kids practice.
This girl was all snuggly.
And then she wanted a "silly face" picture. They're her favorite.
DJ finished up practice and headed to basketball and Adalyn and I ran to Target while DJ stayed with Gretchen and Megan. I somehow got distracted in Target, and DJ and the girls made it home before me!
We moved Addy to her big girl bed last week, well, really we just took the front off her crib, and I hadn't taken a photo of her in her bed (3rd child problems) so I snapped a quick one before I went to tuck the other girls in the bed.
Each night we read her a book, sing a song, and say prayers, and she always asks to take her book to bed with her.
Saturday morning was crazy. DJ had to head to football practice, and the girls and I stayed home and cleaned house, did some laundry, and packed.
After lunch, we headed to Gretchen's last basketball game of the season.
Our number 1 is in the dark blue jersey.
And all of the little sisters playing at the game.
These girls are the sweetest little friends.
So, after basketball, we loaded up the car and headed to Arkansas.
The girls took a nap and all was fabulous on our little 2 hour road trip to meet my mom. We met my mom and handed over our girls and then DJ and I got back in the car and headed off in the opposite direction.
We stopped at Doe's Eat Place in Fayettevilel for dinner.
And after dinner we got back in the car to drive to Indiana.
We found out last Monday that DJ's grandmother and grandfather were in a car accident. Sadly, his grandmother passed away on Thursday evening. I am so thankful that we were able to make it to Indiana this summer so his grandmother could meet Megan and Adalyn. She was the sweetest, most welcoming person, and was the happiest around her family. DJ's grandfather is still in the hospital recovering from the accident- please keep him in your prayers.
On our way to Indiana I read and finished Elin Hilderbrand's, The Rumor. I loved the book and could not put it down. It's the first Elin Hilderbrand book I've read, and I'll definitely be reading more of her books. At first, it was hard to get in to, but about 100 pages in, when all of the "rumors" starting spreading, and the events were really unfolding, I was hooked.
So, DJ and I are finishing our drive home and picking up the girls and hoping to make it home in time for DJ to make it to football practice again today. I hope you had a great weekend, and I hope you've had a great start to your week- enjoy the downhill slide!

















I loved the Rumor also! You had a busy weekend!!!
ReplyDelete