Happy Spring Break! We kicked off our Spring Break week by celebrating last Friday and spending lots of time outside this weekend!
I'm not going to lie, I've been counting down to this week since we started back to school right after Christmas. Spring Break just gives me all sorts of warm fuzzies that winter is over, the weather is warming up, we can play outside, flowers are blooming, and summer is right around the corner. I mean, it may be my favorite time of the year.
I had parent/teacher conferences Friday morning, so DJ dropped Addy off at daycare and then took the big girls to the football office. As soon as I was finished at work, I headed to football to grab the girls, and we all decided to head to Qdoba for lunch.
The girls wanted to sit outside and we had a yummy lunch.
I always like to get out and do things that we don't normally do all of the time during spring break, and I love having some special time with the girls. So, after lunch, the big girls and I headed to the movie theatre to see Zootopia.
We bought our candy and found our seats and settled in for our movie.
If you haven't seen Zootopia, I'd recommend it! It's super cute and there were some hysterical comparisons to humans and animals.
After our movie, we picked up Adalyn and Megan fell asleep on the way home. I was going to take the girls to the grocery store because we had nothing for dinner, but DJ went instead so Megan could continue her nap in the car!
Saturday morning we headed to Lowe's Build & Grow. We've never taken the girls before, because let's face it, it's not something that I think I can handle with three girls and just myself (since DJ works most Saturdays with either football games or recruiting) but it was perfect since we could both go.
The girls had a blast building their race cars, and they're begging to go back.
I definitely don't think I'll take them by myself, but I know we'll go back when DJ's able to go.
After building our cars, we headed to check out swingsets and then we stopped for lunch before heading home.
I just love this little girl. She was being a hot mess and only wanted me or over her daddy.
These sisters are just too much.
I mean, she's not making silly faces at the camera!!!!!
#theresafirstforeverything
We made it home just in time for naps.
Oh wait, there she goes. Adalyn and I snuggled in my bed and she insisted on making a few silly faces before falling asleep.
In the afternoon the sun came out and we went outside for a little bit. We attempted taking Megan's training wheels off of her bike.
And she practiced balancing and pedaling.
And in the end, we decided that she is not ready just yet so her training wheels went right back on.
Addy rode her scooter in her snow boots, DJ and the girls rode their bikes around the block, and then we headed to get ice cream.
And she loved her daddy again.
The big girls both had worms and dirt.
After ice cream, we made a quick trip to Target and then we were home in time for baths and bed.
DJ and I rented the Intern, and it was the cutest movie. It made me want an old gentleman to help keep me sane. If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it, but the ending does lack a lot to be desired.
Sunday morning we were up and ready for church. Addy wanted to take her picture by John Wesley and I managed to not get any pictures of the girls looking at the camera.
It started to rain and we headed home for lunch and laundry, and I headed to the grocery store by myself #holla
My Young Living order came in this weekend, and I spent some time reorganizing my oil stash, making some DIYs with our oils, and throwing out some of our toxic products.
We wrapped up our weekend by watching some basketball and filling ourselves of queso and enchiladas.






















No comments:
Post a Comment