Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Favorites: We Need the Weekend Edition



Oh Friday, I am so happy to see you!

I'm linking up today with Erika, Narci, and Andrea for Friday Favorites!

Last week was Spring Break, so we got all sorts of acclimated to sleeping in, staying up late, and warm weather. And then we went back to school this week and it all just fell apart. I mean, we had so much to do each evening- the girls had dance and gymnastics, I had errands to run, and DJ had spring football practice. We definitely need this weekend to catch up! 
Which, might be a little challenging because we have a lot of Easter fun planned this weekend! I really have to admit that I absolutely hate Easter falling in one of the busiest times of the year for us. I love that Christmas allows us to slow down and really reflect on Jesus' birth, but right now, we've been so busy that we haven't been able to adequately able to reflect on His resurrection. I'm praying that this weekend, I can not only get caught up on our "to-do" list, but that we can also slow down and reflect on the meaning of Jesus' death and resurrection and that He came to the world to save us from our sins. I mean, I guess I'll be hiding our resurrection eggs in our laundry just so I can kill two birds with one stone. But seriously, I'm praying that we can all reflect on the Holy Week, and the death and resurrection of Christ. 

...........................................................................................................................................
Last week, we headed to Silver Dollar City for a few days. SDC is one of our favorite vacation spots! It's perfect for a quick get away. You can read about our trip here and here
We arrived home last Saturday and since we were busy unpacking and wanting to veg out after our trip, I made on of the easiest dinners of all time. And then I was scratching my head wondering why I haven't done this sooner!
I purchased several gourmet cheeses from our local grocer. I filled a platter with the cheese, carrots, grapes, and apples, and then I filled bowls of ranch and peanut butter for dipping. 
I made some little smokies, and put out crackers and pretzels, and y'all, the girls ate this up! I mean, it was like the best dinner ever. And they even came back to finish it up as a late evening snack. I'm totally making this a once a month meal because it was such a favorite. 
So, when we got home from Branson, we had a huge surprise for the girls! We kept all of the blinds closed and had them stay inside even though it was nice out and they really wanted to ride their bikes and scooters. After we had our cheese dinner, we surprised the girls with their new present! 
Gretchen was ecstatic! Addy followed suit and screeched just like her big sister! Megan wasn't so thrilled because she really enjoys going to the "swinging park" but now we have swings in our back yard, and she eventually warmed up to the idea! This surprise was a favorite!!!
They have a little playhouse. 
And a princess tower. 
A see-saw. 
And a little picnic area. 
And a rock wall. 

A big serious thank-you goes out to Gee and PaPaw for buying the girls their swing set! This was the best birthday present ever for our girls!
Sunday morning we went to church, and it was freezing cold and drizzling, so we didn't get any Sunday pictures, but we did go to Los Cabos after church and we had a serious tic-tac-toe competition going on. 
Addy and I were digging the chips and queso. 
Once we got home, Addy went down for a nap and the big girls broke out their brownie popsicles from their Foodstirs box. Their Aunt Mandi and Uncle Danny bought the girls two Foodstirs boxes for Christmas and we decided to save them for a snowy day, but it never snowed this year! So, we filled in our Sunday afternoon by making brownies. 
Our popsicles didn't look picture worthy, but they tasted yummy!

Foodstirs might be my new favorite go-to for birthday gifts and more!
Sunday night, Meggie watched some t.v. upstairs and told us she wanted to sleep on her pallet, but she ended up sleeping in her bed ;) 
And, DJ brought Bailey home from the kennel. Adalyn was SO excited! She even came downstairs to give Bailey kisses before she went to bed! The entire time we were in Branson, she asked about Bailey and wanted to know where Bailey was and when Bailey would come home. In fact, she was quite upset when we couldn't pick Bailey up on Saturday because the vets office was closed. Bailey is her favorite!
My favorite oil this week? Tangerine! First of all, it's super yummy in your water and it helps with the digestive system and metabolic process. But, did you know that Tangerine EO is a cytophylactic? It helps to grow new cells and promotes the heart and repairing of damaged or worn cells in the body. I love all of the benefits of these oils! If you'd like more info on essential oils, you can message me here
Megan went to let Bailey out before school, and I found her swinging on her new swing set! The girls have been in the backyard playing as much as they can right now! In fact, I came home Wednesday night, sent the girls outside, unloaded groceries, and cooked dinner, and I wasn't interrupted by whiny kids wanting to eat, wanting a snack, or wanting to be held. It was in this moment that I really appreciated the swing set and the gift that my parents gave us!
Yesterday I shared our favorite t.v. shows! You can check that post out here

Addy had her Easter egg hunt at her preschool on Thursday. Her school is closed for Good Friday so all events were yesterday. I wanted to take her picture before school but she was not cooperative! So I promised her a gummy bear and it didn't help. 
Only standing beside and holding her daddy's hand helped! 
And then I gave her a gummy bear and she was all smiles! 

Gummy bears have been our favorite little reward for the girls lately! They even cleaned their room last week for gummy bears! 
I wasn't able to attend Addy's party, but thankfully her teacher shared some pictures. She's in a class full of girls! 
When I picked Adalyn up, she showed me all of her eggs and was so excited! She told me they were all on the playground which thrilled her!
And showing off her eggs! We went through them after dinner and she ate a little bit of the candy, and was so excited about her bubbles! 

So I learned this week that if you send a basketball emoji to a friend on Facebook messenger, and then tap the basketball that this little game will appear! DJ and I have spent lots of time challenging each other this week! And, that 20 is MY high score! I'm pretty sure that it's the highest either of us earned!

Whew, so that catches us all up with my Friday Favorites!!! I'm so glad you stopped by today!

I hope you will all enjoy this weekend and spend time with your loved ones, and most importantly take time to reflect and remember that Jesus death and his resurrection was done to save you. I'm so full of imperfections, but Jesus, is perfect, and his death allows me to have everlasting life and I know I'm so undeserving of His love. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great gift for the girls! I'm sure the new swing set will get lots of use! Have a great weekend! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete