Monday, November 2, 2015

A Little Bit of Life

The girls and I had a full week last week! I had intended for this post to go up on Friday, but Thursday night was jam packed with dance, laundry, packing, and getting ready for our Friday and weekend. 

So, better late than never, right? Right. 

Last Monday after school, the girls and I headed straight to the park for a birthday party. 
Adalyn loved the slide and the suckers. 
Megan enjoyed the "motorcycle" although she hates real ones. They are way too loud for her!
The weather was perfect, the girls had cake and candy, and then we went home for dinner and baths. We haven't been to the park in several weeks, so it was nice to break from our routine and have some family time with friends for a while!

Last week, our school celebrated Red Ribbon Week. We were able to dress up daily, and I was determined to participate, because that meant I didn't actually have to get dressed up for work. I'm pretty certain teachers live for weeks like this. 
Tuesday was twins day, so I talked Gretchen in to being my twin for the day. We both sported Tulsa shirts, bowl necklaces, and matching earrings and bracelets. We fixed our hair in pig tails and wore ruffle pants.  I was so happy that I talked my girl in to being my twin so I could be comfy at work! It may be the last year I'm able to get away with it, since I'm pretty sure it's not cool to dress like you're mom when you're in third grade. I'm thankful that it's still cool in 2nd grade. 
Tuesday afternoon, Gretchen was able to wear her Halloween costume for ballet. After seeing Night at the Museum, she was determined to be an Egyptian princess for Halloween. We found this costume at Party City and she loved it! She kept saying, "It looks so expensive!" 

When she put on her costume, I could tell that she just felt beautiful in it, she walked around with her head held high, showed everyone, and was smiling ear to ear. It was pretty awesome to see her boost of confidence. 
We made it home, had a quick dinner, and Addy had a dance party on the sofa. She may have also taken off all of her clothes. Because, you know, there's nothing better than a dance party in the buff. 
Gretchen had pajama day on Wednesday, and Megan wanted in on the fun. Her preschool didn't participate in Red Ribbon Week, but she was really jealous that Gretchen and I were twins on Tuesday, and when she asked me if it was Twins day again, and I told her it was pajama day, she insisted that she was wearing pajamas to school to. And, I let her, because you're only in preschool once, and I didn't have the energy to put up a fight with her. So, the three of us headed to school Wednesday in our jammies, and it was pretty perfect. 
Except, pajama day totally wore this girl out and she fell asleep on the way home from school. In fact, Addy fell asleep too, and once we got home, I left them both in the car while Gretchen and I came in, did some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and cooked dinner. They woke up just in time to eat and the hour of solitude while they slept was simply amazing. 
Thursday was 'hat day' so Gretchen dressed as a "witch" and wore a witch hat from HPA
And then it was Megan's turn Thursday night to wear her costume to gymnastics. She picked out Little Mermaid, and again, totally loved her costume. 

I let go of all control over their costumes this year, and it was totally worth it to see the girls so happy and in love with their choices. It's totally what it's all about. 

We came home Thursday night, and had a quick dinner, followed by baths, and then I started packing for our weekend trip out of town. It was a late night, but we eventually got everything done and ready to go!

Friday, we had our school's annual walk-a-thon. It's our big fundraiser, where kids raise money and 100% goes right back to our teachers for their classrooms. The day of the walk-a-thon, we have a DJ, and the kids typically get to walk the parking lot for about 15 minutes. Unfortunately, it was rainy and yucky on Friday, so they spent their time walking around the gym. 
Gretchen was waiting for her grade's turn to walk. 
Here she comes! I ended up canceling my morning seeing kids while the walk-a-thon was going on, and then managed to see them once it was over. I say it all the time, but I am so grateful that we get to see each other every day and I'm able to be there for her school activities. 
And, Gretchen with her BFF. These two have become fast friends this year. They play together every day, sit together at lunch, and plan sleepovers! We need to have another one soon!

 Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow with our Halloween weekend wrap up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment