Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend Wrap UP: Pedis, Football, and Pinkitzel

This weekend was a whirlwind! I may or may not need another day just to recover! 

We had lots of family in town and we were busy!

Friday, DJ's mom stayed home with Adalyn. We gave Megan the option of staying home and she insisted on going to preschool. So, DJ headed to the dentist, I took the girls to school, and Addy and her Nana stayed home. They worked on laundry, baked cookies, and cuddled. I'm sure they had a perfect day.

Once the big girls and I were home from work and school, we headed to get pedi's! Nana treated us all, and it was the perfect ending to the long day that I had. 
Gretchen was so excited! 
And so was Megan! I never know how Megan will react to these things. But, she loved it and thought she was pretty hot stuff. 
My girls getting some pampering. 
And, Addy Pearl just hanging out with a sucker in her mouth. She won't even let us cut her nails at home, so I didn't really think she'd be up for a pedicure. She did pick out her nail polish color though and really enjoyed her sucker!
Both of the girls had a mini-mani.
And Addy thought she should get in on the fun. 
She finally crawled up in my lap and I had a chance to get some snuggles in. 
Gretchen was the last one to finish up. 
And then we headed over to let our nails dry. 
Megan had purple sparkles with a zebra stripe. 
It really was fun spending some bonding time with the girls. Hey, DJ- we may have a new Friday night tradition!
Meggie showing off her nails. 

After getting our nails done, we went to pick up doughnuts, grabbed a quick dinner at Panera and headed home because my sister, niece, and nephew were on their way!

After some fun and giggles Friday evening, we put the big girls to bed in our bedroom, and we all called it an early night. 

Saturday was game day! Kickoff was 11, so we had to leave the house by 9:30. With everyone helping, we were able to get out the door and to the game on time! 
Once we got settled, I tried getting a quick picture of the girls and their nana. Addy just wanted to lay down (it was pretty close to nap time) and the girls weren't cooperating much with the sun!
Nana and Addy Pearl were big buddies this weekend! 
Gretchen loves her football Saturdays!
And Addy Pearl handled it like a champ! But, she did figure out if she said "potty" that she would get to leave the stands and head in to the offices! She had finally had enough, so Nana took her in to DJ's office, rocked her, and she had a little cat nap!

It was so nice to have an extra set of hands!
Megan decided she was freezing, so we went in and got her coat, and then she layed down on the bleachers for a while. 
Taking in a Tulsa game with my sister and niece. 
The girls and their friend with Captain Cane. 

Tulsa pulled out our 5th win of the season, and we headed home so DJ could finish up game film. The girls played in the yard, and DJ brought home pizza. 
Gretchen practiced her math skills on the computer. 
And the rest of us cuddled up for some Saturday night football! 

DJ's mom and I stayed up late Saturday night because DJ had to run back in to the office. He finally made it back home, and I went to bed!

Sunday morning, my sister, niece, and nephew left and the rest of us did some cleaning up before heading out for lunch at Los Cabos. 
Adalyn loved getting an Elsa balloon! Elsa is quickly becoming her favorite!

DJ went in to work, while we made a quick trip to Target before dropping the big girls off at a birthday party. I took DJ's mom to the airport, and then headed back to the party. 
The party was held at the cutest cupcake and candy shop in downtown Tulsa.  They kids played games, ate cupcakes, and were spoiled with cotton candy and gigantic suckers. 
Megan had so much fun! 
Seriously, I think Gretchen had two scoops of sugar for her cotton candy!
It was the best pink bubblegum flavor!
Megan waiting for her cotton candy. 
Hers was pretty big too!
And Adalyn had her first try of cotton candy. 
Yum!!!

After the party, the girls and I headed home. Addy and I cuddled on the couch and watched the end of The Croods while the big girls played upstairs. We picked up the house, and got ready for our week ahead! 

I know I'll be counting down to this weekend. We have no plans but a relaxing weekend at home, and it is needed!

Have a great one, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment