Thursday, November 19, 2015

Prima Ballerina

This week I was able to go in to Gretchen's ballet class for parent observation week! Her studio is pretty strict about allowing parents to watch, but for one week, we get to go in and observe the classes. On Tuesday, I watched Gretchen's ballet, and tonight, I'll be sitting in on Megan's gymnastic's class. 
I took a ton of pictures since DJ couldn't come and watch, and I wanted to be able to share them with our grandparents who all live far away. 
Her class is ran the same way each week. The girls head to the bar to do bar work, their teacher teaches them about ballet vocabulary, and then they run through a sequence. 
After that, they stretch and practice doing the splits. 
Gretchen prefers to do acrobats rather than stretches. 
After, stretching, the girls practice sequences on the floor. 

I think at this point she might have been getting a bit bored! She's loves ballet and she loves to watch ballet videos and dance around the house. The other night we sat on Instagram and watched a ton of videos from the #primaballerina She found a ballet company that she had learned about from her ballet teacher and watched their clips over and over again. 

And, just for fun, here are two clips that I took during her class. 



No comments:

Post a Comment