Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday Favorites

Hello Friday. I am SO glad you are here! I'm linking up today with Andrea, Erika, and Narci for Friday Favorites!

Before we get to my favorites from the week, can we just all take a minute to breathe. In, out, in, out. Whew, that's better! This week has been a doozy! I've had meetings, worked late one day, two nights of dance, and a really emotional Thursday. I can use a Friday. And, more than that, I can use a weekend. This is the first weekend in a LONG time that we have NO plans. Other than DJ's uncle coming in for a bowling tournament and a little sleepover tonight- NO plans. I'm going to clean, sew, run to the grocery store, and RELAX. Well, I guess I do have some plans, but cleaning and sewing put me in a happy place, because I'm weird like that. 

Okay, let's get started with some Favorites!
Addy Pearl was all smiles Monday night. 
She even helped me clean up a bit. I'm telling you, cleaning is one of my Favorite things to do (so long as my house stays clean, which it never does) and I love it even more when my kids help me!
Megan decided a little dress up was in order. She put on an entire show in our living room Monday night. Dressing up is one of her Favorite activities. 
Every night before I go to bed, I routinely use these essential oils. I made an Immune Booster roller with Thieves and coconut oil, and I apply it to both of my big toes. Then, I add a drop of Cedarwood to help me sleep, and finally, Lavender Lip Balm on my lips for smooth lips. And then I put on my sleep mask, and I'm out. Just ask DJ, I haven't been able to fall asleep so quickly in years, and now I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow. 
I wore my Happy Camper shirt from Sashy Pants earlier this week. And it instantly made me in a good mood. Like, it might have been my best day all week. Graphic tees are my Favorite. 
\
I came across this picture on Addy's preschool's Facebook page. It's from their Holyween day. The kids get to trick or treat up and down the hallway, and the big kids from the private school come over and give them candy. Her flower pot costume was my Favorite and I do think it's adorable that it kept falling in front of her eyes! Poor girl! 
And then one night two of the girls came home coughing and with runny noses. The weather is finally getting cooler (maybe too cool) and sniffles are settling in. I diffused this blend of lemon, lavender, and peppermint to ease their sniffles and coughs. Plus, it smells amazing. I often diffuse it in Megan's room when she's coughing, and it seriously keeps her from coughing the entire night. Using essential oils rather than medicine is my Favorite.
Awe, fresh clean babies. Addy Pearl snuggled up with me while I was glued to a Wife Swap marathon earlier this week. She was being uber cute, and I wanted to take her picture, but she wouldn't look at me. So, I said, show me your eyes, and this is what she did. 
I was trying to get her to look at me with her eyes, but instead she just poked herself. 
And, I finally broke out my blanket scarf yesterday. It was one of my Favorite scarves last season, and I'm loving it again this year!
A friend shared this on facebook and I laughed out loud. I've seen it before, so it's definitely a Favorite. 

And, like I mentioned above, I had an emotional day yesterday. My grandmother is going through some health issues right now, and it's hitting me a bit harder than I thought it would. And, then work was crazy yesterday- I am swamped- so I texted DJ and asked him to bring me home a giant cup of chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cups. Followed by "Seriously". And, he did, and he scored major brownie points because he tucked the girls in, and I locked myself in our bedroom to eat a super large cup of ice cream and watch an episode of Big Bang Theory. 
Once my ice cream was gone, and the girls were in bed, we stayed up late to watch Trainwreck. And, I don't want to give too much away, but it definitely was a Trainwreck. I love Amy Scheumer, and think she is hilarious! This movie is light, it's funny, but there's definitely some naked male bodies that I could've done without. And, I think the movie wasn't quite what I expected from the trailers. 

And, earlier this week, DJ posted his video of our team's post-game celebration from the locker room from last week's football game. Tulsa uploaded his video to twitter, and then his video was shared on Football Scoop! I thought it was a pretty big deal, until he reminded me about his video that was on ESPN this summer. I think most of you know that DJ is a college football video coordinator, which means he's responsible for filming and editing practice and game film and he also produces a highlight video for the end of the year. You can read more about our football life in my Football Wife Life posts.

And, that's it for Friday Favorites! I hope your day is a great one! 

2 comments:

  1. I seriously love all your outfits!! And your children are the absolute cutest! Prayers for your grandmother and hope the ice cream and down time helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers for your grandmother. It's always tough to see someone you love not be 100%. Hope she is doing better soon. Love Love Love the flower pot costume! So stinking adorable. And we are destined to be besties because ice cream and big bang theory can fix just about anything!! HA! and my 2 year old calls oils his tickles oils. Hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete