Tuesday, April 5, 2011

32 weeks


We've hit the 32 week mark with only 7 weeks to go until my scheduled induction! But, as i'm writing this, my sister-in-law, who is 33 weeks will have a c-section today because she's developed pre-eclampsia.


Of course, my nerves are with my brother & his wife & their 1st baby, Amelia. But, I am excited to see a picture of her!


I feel like this week is kind of ironic, because we have been a week apart through our pregnancies, and it's been nice to compare notes, and to think that our daughter's would only be a week apart. I also feel like it may be exciting to see Amelia's picture, beccause I can compare that to what Meagn may look like right now. Although, that's not to say, that I'm not nervous for them, but I will say that my trust is fully in God to prepare them and guide them through this time.


At 32 weeks Megan should weigh about 3.75 lbs and be 16 inches long. She has toenails, fingernails, and real hair.... or fuzz. Her skin is also becoming soft and smooth.


As far as how i'm doing.... I feel great compared to what I did with Gretchen at this stage. I'm not as swollen, and even though I think my weight gain will end up about the same, I feel like it's not as much because i'm not swollen. I do suffer from the occasional heartburn, especially after I eat tomatoes! And bending over or getting up off the floor can be a bit humorous and uncomfortable! I continue to crave ice cream or chocolate milk, and I've wanted an extra glass in the mornings, so Megan's bones should be getting stronger! I'm sleeping fairly well, although I've started to stay up later, which doesn't help me being on time to work in the mornings!


My friend, Elizabeth, gave us a ton of clothes for Megan, and I was able to get them hung in the closet. Gretchen and I went this weekend and registered at Target for my baby shower at work. I have ordered a few more cloth diapers, and should be getting those in this week. But, other than that, i'm not prepared. Bottles are still packed away in Gretchen's closet, as well as a ton of clothes- I need more hangers! Diapers aren't prepped. Pac-n-play, carseat & bouncy are still in the attic, swing and double stroller are still in the boxes.


Hopefully, my nesting will kick in, or my grandma is going to have a lot to help with once she arrives at the end of the month! And, hopefully Miss Megan will stay put!

No comments:

Post a Comment