Gretchen is getting to a point of not wanting me to brush her hair every day, and since i'm a single mom at the moment, we often find that we're running out of time to fix her hair during our hectic mornings & getting out the door. I had been wanting to make her a few ribbon wrapped headbands for a while, but it seems as if I can never decide on a color combination. I decided instead, that I would wrap a few headbands in fabric that would match some of her applique' shirts, or solid color shirts as well. I love how they turned out & they were pretty easy to make!

The one above is wrapped in a pink fabric that features touches of yellow. Gretchen has a lemonade applique' shirt that this will match, as well as an initial monogrammed shirt that it will match as well. To keep it from slipping, there is a line of grosgrain ribbon placed on the inside.

I had this pink damask fabric that I fell in love with, and even though G doesn't have anything that will match this, she does have tons of pink in her wardrobe! So, I wrapped the headband, placed the grosgrain on the inside, and added this matching fabric rosette on the top!
I listed these on my
Facebook page for around $7.00 each. You'll be able to choose your fabric & can even request one to match an applique' shirt....
Perfect for rushed hectic mornings!
No comments:
Post a Comment