We all know that Santa Claus comes in to our houses through the chimney? But, how does the Easter bunny get in? With a key of course!
G and I sat down and made a key especially for the Easter bunny to get into our house this Easter.... here's what we did:

I drew a key and a bunny on paper and cut them out.

We purchased 3 sheets of felt from JoAnn's- all of this cost around $1.00 w/ a coupon I had.

G decided she wanted the ears to flop over, so I drew a new pattern. Place it on top of your felt and cut around the pattern. I used pins to keep it in place.

I did the same thing with the key.

We glued on the wiggly eyes with hot glue. I cut out a mouth and nose from the pink felt (this was suppose to go on the ears, but since they flopped I changed the plans). I drew whiskers on with a pen. Then, I punched a hole into the bunny and the end of they key and used Easter egg ribbon to tie them together. I wasn't in love with the bunny, so I quickly made a bow... the bow would be cute at the bottom, but since we're about to have two girls. We might as well have a girl Easter bunny!
We'll leave this 'key' by the front door so the Easter bunny can get in the house & leave a basket full of goodies for G!
No comments:
Post a Comment