Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Being a Girl Mom~ Celebrating Easter!

Easter is this Sunday, and I cannot wait to celebrate with the girls! We were originally planning to be at my mom's this weekend, but with DJ's work schedule, the girls and I decided to stay home so we can be together as a family. Now that we are staying home, I had to come up with some super girly ways that we could celebrate this weekend!

With that, I want to welcome you back to my "Girl Mom" series!
Be sure to check out my previous posts here. 

The girls will be starting off their Easter celebration, in these super adorable Easter pajamas!
They each have their own pajamas with their initial.
I found these Peep sticks on Pinterest, and while it would be adorable for their Easter baskets, I thought it would be fun to make these and hand out to our neighbors! Our neighbors are constantly helping each other out and it would be nice for us to give them a little something to say thank you!
I'm going to sneak in a few plastic eggs filled with snacks for Gretchen's lunch this week! Today, she has an egg filled with gold-fish!
I bought doughnut holes from the grocery store for us to have a "bunny tail" breakfast!

And how cute are these bunny bottoms made with pancakes!

We will also be celebrating our true meaning of Easter and the birth and resurrection of Christ.  Typically, we let the girls wake up Sunday morning to open their Easter baskets. Then we get dressed and ready for church. Once we get home, we'll have lunch and have an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. We'll also have an Easter egg hunt at least once in the house with our resurrection eggs. 

Resurrection eggs tell the story of Jesus' death and resurrection in a way that is easy for kids to understand. You can get these at Mardel's, Hobby Lobby, or another Christian bookstore!

So, how will you be celebrating this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment