Monday, April 28, 2014

My Girls....

I had planned to have this post written for Friday and I totally ran out of time. That seems to be happening a lot as we near the end of the school year, and as we approach summer. Our lives begin to be hectic, and over scheduled and we're just constantly swimming to stay afloat.
 
That being said, I want to pause for a minute and remember my girls, just as they are today, because they are growing up so fast. 
Gretchen Rose is now 6 years old. 6 years and 3 months to be exact. She is all girl. She loves princesses, dresses, and hair bows. Well, honestly, she'd wear a tiara rather than a bow if I let her. She is almost finished with her first year of kindergarten and I cannot believe how much she has learned! She is reading at a first grade level, knows all of her kinergarten sight words, knows my phone number, can count by 5s and 10s, and is able to tell time to the hour, and can identify money.
 
Her favorite things right now are Frozen and Princess Sofia. She can sing every single song from Frozen and can act out the movie. She wants to be an actress.
 
She is finally becoming a big help around the house. She puts away all of her laundry that goes in her dresser, and finally cleans up her room without too much complaining.
 
She loves riding the bus to school, and her favorite colors are pink and purple.
 
She is the best big sister and plays so well with Megan. She rides her bike with training wheels, but prefers riding on her scooter instead. She loves to draw, and she's pretty crafty. Right now, she's making loom bracelets out of their pony tail holders, and I finally bought her a few bands of her own that she could use.
 
She has a little boyfriend at school, and they play soccer together on Monday evenings. They play together most days at school, but she also has a few good girl friends.
 
Gretchen is kind and helpful and caring, but she's also sassy and argumentative. I think she'll make a great lawyer one day!
Megan Claire is full of mischief. She continues to make us laugh every day, all while making us want to pull out our hair! I cannot believe that she will be three at the end of May! I still see her as just turning two, and I still pinch myself that she's not the little baby that I still believe she is.
 
She's shy and timid, but she's also brave and daring. She has so many personalities all wrapped up in her little self that it's shockingly hilarious.
 
She's potty trained during the day, still wears a pull up at night, and most nights it is dry, but not always. She has a horrible time going to sleep, but over the last few weeks, it's better. We have a little routine of DJ and I both tucking her by saying her parayers, and then I stay and count to 10 with her and then we sing a few songs including the "AB,D's", Jesus Loves Me, and the moon song. Often times she crawls in bed with DJ and I. In fact, we started a sticker chart to encourage her to stay in bed, and she could care less. In three weeks, she has earned 4 stickers. And she doesn't care to earn more.
 
DJ takes her to daycare every day, and he reports that she runs in, but then gets shy right at her classroom door. Her best friend is Harper, and she blames everything on Harper.
 
She enjoys playing with babies and her big sister. She also believes that her little sister belongs to her, and i'm pretty sure she'd 100% try to take care of Adalyn if I let her.
 
Supposedly, she eats great at school, but she's not the best eater at home.
 
She says Me for I, knows her colors most of the time, and counts out of order to 10. She doesn't know any of her letters or their sounds, which just tells me how different she and Gretchen are, because by age 3, Gretchen was so smart with her letters and their sounds, and with counting! 
 
Megan is a daddy's girl and still loves to cuddle. She's also whiney and emotionally, she's more fragile than Gretchen was.
 
We probably let her get away with more than she should. She makes us laugh every single day.
Adalyn Pearl is 9 1/2 months old. She is finally crawling on all fours (as of last Thursday 4/24). She weighs all of 15 lbs and is not even on the growth chart for her age. She is long and skinny.
 
She nurses or takes a bottle 4-5 times a day, and is now eating baby food and small finger foods 3 times a day.
 
She naps wonderfully at home, but not at daycare. Her naps are just awful at daycare.
 
She is happy most of the time, and is more happy now that she can crawl and move around! She enjoys putting everything in her mouth, and loves to suck her thumb.
 
She is babbling and talking, and loves to be tickled near her chest and neck. She has the best belly laughs and squeels.
 
She has two bottom teeth.
 
Over the weekend she was able to pull up to standing, but my mom didn't get a picture and DJ and I weren't there to see it, so i'm going to pretend that it didn't really happen!
 
Because she has been tryign to pull up, DJ finally moved her crib down to it's lowest level.
 
She's in size 3 diapers, but wears cloth diapers at daycare.
 
She wears 6 or 9 month clothing and often goes barefoot. We lost the only pair of shoes that fit her, and her feet are so long and skinny that the other shoes we have don't stay on well.
 
She sleeps with her ballerina baby doll every single night and looks for it as soon as she lays down in her crib at night.
 
She's a mommy's girl and hates when mommy puts her down. She often wants to be held.
These little girls are my blessing. They are my gift from God, and I am so thankful for each of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment