Two years ago today, our lives changed forever. After a labor of almost 48 hours, we welcomed our beautiful baby girl into the world. I'm amazed at how she's grown and brought joy into our lives and I'm humbled that God would bless us with such a wonderful gift.

Our first family picture, minutes after delivery. (Please pardon the lack of make up- did you read that I was in labor for almost 48 hours!)

A little bit later; at least we were all cleaned up and in one piece for this picture.

I don't think I've ever seen him this happy. I absolutly love this picture.

DJ and I with our baby girl

I miss the moments of her snuggling on my chest.

The nurses completed the marker board for us! She was 8 lbs 1 oz, born at 4:54 p.m.

My mom holding Gretchen for the very 1st time.

Nana holding Gretchen for the first time.

My parents with Gretchen. My mom gets to deliver babies every day, but I hope that this was the most special delivery she has ever been present for.

My stepdad with Gretchen.
I love that she has made me a much better person. I love that she has brought DJ and I closer. I love that she thinks life as fun and simple. She reminds me to slow down and just enjoy.
Happy 2nd Birthday, Gretchen!
Great post, girl : ) Happy Birthday to Miss Gretchen!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Leslie!
ReplyDeleteAwe! Happy birthday Gretchen!
ReplyDeleteI just read this and have tears in my eyes. It has been a hard 'mommy' day (and I'm a little sleep deprived and hormonal) but this reminds me how precious our kidos really are! So sweet! Happy Birthday Gretchen!
ReplyDelete