Monday, January 18, 2010

Carnival

I think that Carnival themed parties are so much fun! I haven't been to one, but if Gretchen would have been born in the summer, then she'd be having a Carnival themed party in the next few years!I found the adorable invitation above on Etsy!

And, this great party pack on Oriental Trading


This cake was found on Etsy as well. The seller actually sells just the cake topper, but I had to include a picture of the entire cake because it is just so much fun!
If you plan on serving food, which with this theme, I think you should! Serve hot dogs and popcorn!
You can't forget about the games! I love all of the ideas I found online. You can purchase the games or make them yourself!

An egg race would be so much fun for the kiddos!



And, the younger ones could play 'pin the nose on the clown'.




And, how about a can toss game!


And, a bean bag toss!
Of course, give tickets to the kids, and let them trade the tickets in for prizes, just as they would at a real carnival! If you think ahead of time then you can pick up prizes from Targets 1.00 section, The Dollar Store, or look for clearance items in the party section of your local grocery store.
My last idea: Hire a clown! Your kids will be delightfully entertained by someone performing magic tricks, balloon animals, and jokes!
If you plan a carnival themed party, then plan for an entire day of fun and enjoyment for the birthday child!






1 comment:

  1. Cute stuff! I hired a clown for my oldest's birthday...many many years ago (19) lol. It was fun. From what I can remember, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete