Well, it's been 3 weeks since we've started potty training, and I wanted to post a little update about the progress Gretchen has made!
-She went all last week with only 1 minor accident at daycare!
-We went out to eat Friday night. I took Gretchen to the restroom as soon as we got there, but she would not sit on the potty. She was in a pull-up, so I knew that we'd be okay. Toward the end of dinner, she said "uh-oh Mommy, uh-oh". DJ and I looked at each other and said "she probably just peed in her pants". I thought for a few seconds about what I should do and decided to take her to the bathroom. She had a dry pull-up, so I sat her on the potty, and she pooped! I was in shock that she 1) told us 2) sat on a potty in public and 3) actually went- and it wasn't just pee; it was poop!!! This is sad, but as a mother, it ranks as one of my proudest days!
- On Monday, we came home from work/daycare, and she told me that she had to use the bathroom! She said "pee Mommy". I took her and she went!
- And, she hasn't had an accident this week at daycare!
It's amazing the progress that she's made in 3 weeks. She's getting better about sitting at home, and now she realizes when she needs to go, and even when she's gone in her pull up. I know that we aren't there yet, but I know that we'll get there... it will take baby steps; but we'll get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment