Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Outfits for the Birthday Girl!

When planning a birthday, one usually starts with a theme. The theme usually consists of something the child enjoys: Elmo, Superhero's, Sesame Street, Dora, etc. Unfortunatly, with a 1st birthday party, and sometimes a 2nd, the child, just isn't "into" anything yet. So, where should you begin?

For the past 2 years, I've chosen Gretchen's outfit, and then developed a theme around what she will be wearing. I searched Etsy last night and found some adorable hand-made clothes, that would be darling to design a party theme around! Above, is an adorable pink cupcake outfit. Instead of serving a cake, serve individual cupcakes to your party guest.
I absolutly love the above outfit from Pink Confetti! You could easily go with pinks, browns, and yellows for an adorable theme! Take a picture of the shirt to your baker, and have them create a birthday cake to match the shirt! You could also use sunflowers as decorations!

I thought this outfit was too cute! I love the little birds, which could be replicated on the top of a plate, and you could decorate with lime green, turquoise, and pink. Minature bird houses would be great party favors, and your guests could make a bird feeder using pine cones, peanut butter, bird seed, and string!


I just had to share this diaper cover! It would be "too sweet" under a darling birthday dress! Perhaps, go with a Candy Land theme!



And, I couldn't resist sharing these adorable cupcake shoes!
A crown shirt would be great for a modern princess theme!

And, for a simpler party, this candle shirt, shows off how old the birthday girl is!

And, this ribbon shirt, would be adorable with a "Tiffany" themed party!
Two of my favorite stores to order clothes, or just for getting ideas, include Castles and Crowns (located in Mobile, AL) and Orient Expressed (located in New Orleans). You can request a seasonal catolog from their websites.
Hopefully, you've gathered some inspiration for designing your little one's next party, or at least you have a starting place!







No comments:

Post a Comment