Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birthday Cakes

I ordered Gretchen's birthday cake this week, and I cannot wait to eat it! It's chocolate, my favorite, and will hopefully be her favorite too!

I decided that I would browse the internet and search for some other great birthday cakes and this is what I found: I love the lion cake! I wouldn't have thought to use chow-mein noodles for a mane, but then again, I'm not a baker! This would be so cute for a zoo-themed party!
What little boy wouldn't love this dump truck cake! The "dirt" is made of crushed chocolate cookies, pretzles, and m&m's... I think a few crushed reese's peanut butter cups would also be great mixed in the dirt!


And, this princess castle cake! I love the sugar cones and waffle cone towers!

How cute is this monkey cake! I'm betting that the eyes are made out of peppermint patties (or wouldn't thin mint girl scout cookies taste great!) and the ears are little chocolate doughnuts!
Alright, whose ready to kill their New Years Resolution diet with these creations?



8 comments:

  1. Those are all SO cute! I'm torn between the monkey and the princess castle...either would be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Those are my two favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the monkey cake! I'm following you now from Friday Follow! http://www.thriftyandfrugalliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make fancy cakes for the boys when they were little. Luckily they grow out of that pretty quick :) Those cakes are so much work!
    Following your blog thanks to friday follow!
    Will grab your button too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Monkey Cake! Happy Friday Follow - Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks g'alls for following! I'm heading over to follow each of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by with Friday Follow to say hello. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Felissa
    www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dump truck cake! I'm a new follower from follow friday. You can find me blogging here: http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

    ReplyDelete